Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Auto Goodwill SUCCESS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Auto Goodwill SUCCESS

Hello everyone,

I have been rebuilding and have watched my score (experian fico) jump from a 581 (January 2016) to a 654 (as of today). One of the baddies that I thought I would never get off before the 7 year mark were my late payments to Capital One Auto (9 of them!) from 2014. They were all consecutive and happened during a time when I was seriously ill. We are talking 30-60-90 day lates.

Well after reading many posts regarding goodwill letters, I got the guts to write a goodwill letter and email it to the EO. A rep from the EO office contacted me after about 2 weeks via telephone, asked me some questions and told me she would follow up. Well today (1 week later), I received a follow up saying they would be removing ALL of my late payments. I received an alert, they have already been removed from my credit, I only saw an 8 point increase, but I am happy that they are gone!! Capital one is now reporting No Data for those months.

I just wanted to share this information as I when researching I was never able to find a post indicating that goodwills had been successfully done with Capital One AUTO late payments. So now we all know, they can!

Good luck!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Auto Goodwill SUCCESS

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have been rebuilding and have watched my score (experian fico) jump from a 581 (January 2016) to a 654 (as of today). One of the baddies that I thought I would never get off before the 7 year mark were my late payments to Capital One Auto (9 of them!) from 2014. They were all consecutive and happened during a time when I was seriously ill. We are talking 30-60-90 day lates.

Well after reading many posts regarding goodwill letters, I got the guts to write a goodwill letter and email it to the EO. A rep from the EO office contacted me after about 2 weeks via telephone, asked me some questions and told me she would follow up. Well today (1 week later), I received a follow up saying they would be removing ALL of my late payments. I received an alert, they have already been removed from my credit, I only saw an 8 point increase, but I am happy that they are gone!! Capital one is now reporting No Data for those months.

I just wanted to share this information as I when researching I was never able to find a post indicating that goodwills had been successfully done with Capital One AUTO late payments. So now we all know, they can!

Good luck!

Congrats. I have a few lates with a my first secured card with them during a job loss and they told me it is currently against their policy to goodwill that I may try again in the future in case their policy changes. I sent the good will to the eo via email and received a call within days and they told me they will investigate to see if I could qualify for a good will and they came back a week later and told me that. I guess this varies. I will continue to try, I just hope I don't get the same person on the phone. 

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone,

Good luck!

Congrats. I have a few lates with a my first secured card with them during a job loss and they told me it is currently against their policy to goodwill that I may try again in the future in case their policy changes. I sent the good will to the eo via email and received a call within days and they told me they will investigate to see if I could qualify for a good will and they came back a week later and told me that. I guess this varies. I will continue to try, I just hope I don't get the same person on the phone. 

Keep trying! I received several of those before I got them to delete. Persistence and a forgiving customer service rep is key!

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm with you on that one. My customer service rep was really kind and compassionate. The luck of the draw I suppose!

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great! I was denied my request. I had like 33 lates during the loan so I guess that's why. It's been paid off since Sept 2014 so I might give it another try to get the 2 lates in 2014 removed at least.
The lady that called was very nice. Emailed them on a friday. Called me on Wednesday saying they received it and would have an answer that friday. Called me on Friday as promised.
Message 5 of 14
Dividivi

Can you please PM me the EO email address. I have 3 30 days late from 2012 that i'm tryingto get remove.

Message 6 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Emoticon-Thumbs Up.png

Message 7 of 14
H2GirlyGirl
Established Member

I'd love the email address too, please Smiley Happy

You can't save every animal in the world, but for the one you do save, it IS the world.

Spay & Neuter your Pets (and Love them, and Play with them, and let them Sleep on your bed...)
Message 8 of 14
RonM21
Valued Contributor

It always seems like the chance of goodwill success is a numbers game lol. It depends on when you catch the right person at the right time.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the same boat, except I had one automatic payment that didn't clear and it made the following 8 payments look late as well. I read through the thread and did not see a contact email. Could you please PM?

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.