Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Auto

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Auto

Hello All,

It is a long story and I will not bore you with it but many years ago I purchased a vehicle and received my financing through Capital One Auto. Everything was fine for the first year and a half then it was brought to my attention that Capital One was about to repo my vehicle which came as a complete surprise me. After several calls with them I discovered that during the time of my divorce I had skipped a payment which I wasn't aware I had done. Eventhough I had made every payment on time for almost a year after that point Capital One was going to repo my vehicle. I quickly made up for the missed payment and brought everything current. I continued to pay on the loan never missing or being late with another payment and paid the vehicle off in mid 2015.  

The fact that I had 8 months of late payments in a row has destroyed my credit. I am working on trying to rebuild it but have found that without any available credit my score just will not increase. I also can't get any new credit because my scores are so low, it is a vicious cycle of sorts. I have made several attempts of asking Capital One to remove the late payments with no avail. Has anyone had any success in doing this or can anyone give me any advice on how to go about getting it removed.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Auto

For the Capital One, good will letter campaign is probably your best bet. What is it reporting as, 120+ late, or just eight 30 day lates?

If you're willing to share more about  your credit situation I'm sure there are many here who would be willing to offer advise on how to improve your credit situation.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Auto

Thanks for your reply, it is showing as 8 30 days late on my credit report. Not long after I paid off the vehicle I traded it in and bought a new one, I didn't really have any issues getting financing except for the really high interest rate. This was before all of the bad stuff started hitting my credit report as a result of my ex wife. I bought my new vihicle in 2015 and have not missed or been late on a single payment.

As for my credit situation without going into great detail my ex wife had an addiction problem that I wasn't aware of until it was to late. I made several attempts to get her help and she refused. I made the decision that divorce was the only course of action that I had for what was best for me and my future. After my divorce was finalized I started getting calls and mail from collection agencies. It turns out that my ex wife opened a number of credit cards and took out a few small loans in my name to support her habbit. I tried to pay off as much as I could but things finally just got to be to much. My credit has been destroyed as a result of all of this and even today, 6 years after my divirce I am getting calls and certified letts from creditors. My credit has gotten so bad that I can't even get a credit card with a $300 limit other than a secured card.

A lot of the negative marks on my credit report will fall off in the next few years years but that doesn't help me today. I have had a little success getting items removed from my credit report but not enough that anyone will extend me any credit. I have found that to really improve my credit situation that having available credit is just as important as getting negative items removed but no one will extend me credit.

Sorry for the novel!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.