cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CC finally posted on my credit report and 3 point increase

tag
misslisa

Capital One CC finally posted on my credit report and 3 point increase

Ok I am new to the board but have been reading and taking steps to improve on my credit for almost 2 months now.  I started off with a low credit score of 533 and now im at 578 in one month.  Ive paid off a couple of collections and had them delete.  My question is why was it only a 3 point increase?  I will say that it shows N/A in the balance and N/A in the limit.  Not sure why.....but could that be why its only 3 points.  When I got the premier cc I received a 22 point increase so I was expecting the same thing.  Can someone please help me figure this out....THANK YOU in Advance

Starting Score: 547
Current Score: 547
Goal Score: 670

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One CC finally posted on my credit report and 3 point increase

It's a new account and that's why it says N/A.  There's no data to put there yet.  Also you got hit with an Inq. and your AAoA took a hit from the new account, so an increase in this situation, albeit small, is a good thing.  You got your first bump for adding a revolving line and getting your mix of credit.   Now if you garden these accounts, they will steadily grow and make your CR stronger.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
misslisa

Re: Capital One CC finally posted on my credit report and 3 point increase

Thanks for replying! Im working on it and I hoping to get past a 620 in the next 2-3 months. 

Starting Score: 547
Current Score: 547
Goal Score: 670

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.