Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CC offer...help!

tag
butterflygirlinluv
Regular Contributor

Capital One CC offer...help!

good evening!!
So I am on the process of rebuilding my credit as well as fixing it up. I've sent a few good will letters and I was going to send Capital One a GW letter on monday b/c it was a 'charge off settlement on this account' as stated on CR. BUT, today I received a letter from Capital One saying ' dear butterfly, at some point we lost you as a customer, and we'd like to have you back."

Should I complete the form w/ the reservation # and access code and apply for a new card? I'm thinking since they are sending me this and are aware that 'they lost me as a customer' this may look good to them and i have a better chance of proving my NEW credt worthiness and getting the other bad account taken off or report as PAID (POSITIVE ACCT)

Any suggestions would be great!! Thank you!!

Message Edited by butterflygirlinluv on 06-29-2008 06:25 AM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One CC offer...help!

I get the same exact offers. They have been coming in every other week for the past 9 months. Mine also start with the same sentence.

I know I should have known better, but I appd using that code....and was denied. This was sometime in Nov. Of course that cost me the 3 inquiries. Then, as if I didn't learn the first time, I did it again in Jan. I think after they reworded their offer so as to appear as a sure thing, and again was denied.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Is that how that goes? I loathe CapOne. They offer cheap, low limit cards. And I blacklisted them. All I had were 2 lates from 2002.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.