cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI Denied AGAIN.....

tag
Rwallace20

Capital One CLI Denied AGAIN.....

I have 4 Capital One Quick Silver cards. I applied for a CLI on 3 cards on 12 -30- 17 and was approved on all three. This month, I’ve applied for CLI again to lower my overall utilization for better mortgage rates. I got approved last week on ONE of the Cap One cards but not the other too. The reasons for so denial say “there has recently been a change to the current credit line”. The last change of credit line was back in December! Why would they give me a CLI on one but not the other two if I was originally approved on the exact same day?! I called customer service and they told me to refer to their website and wait a few more months. Their website says I’m eligible every 6 months!!! December 30 through June 30 IS 6 months!! It’s July now and they still tell me I’m not eligible yet. Smh. Does anyone know how I can get an increase???

Here’s my back story. I have about 10 CCs (Amex, Disco, Chase, etc). Most of which are PIF.
Cap One #1 CL - $4750, balance is $607
Cap One #2 CL - $2250, balance is $675
Cap One #3 CL - $3000, balance is $467
Cap One #4 CL - $2250, balance is $250

Card #3 is the one that went from a CL of $1k - $3k last week. I would pay off all the cards right now BUT my lender is very strict about me spending large amounts of money until after I close. My plan is to get the max credit line I possibly can for each Cap One card, and then combine them into just one card. In my experience, Capital One and Chase are THE cheapest companies in regards to CLI. My highest CL is $18k with Amex, and Disco is next with $12k but I’m not eligible for CLI on those until September.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One CLI Denied AGAIN.....

What are your scores?
How soon did you get an Amex? Just wondering at what score you got it.
If you have an AmEx why bother with those **bleep** cards? As soon as I can get an Amex my Cap 1 are gooooone
Message 2 of 8
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I believe Cap One is also doing HP's on all three bureaus for each CLI request.

Message 3 of 8
Rwallace20

My scores are:
EQ: 683
TU: 693
EX: 704

I think all my scores were above 700 when I first got my Amex in January.
Message 4 of 8
Rwallace20

Nope. Soft pulls. Chase is the only one I know of that requires HP for a CLI. Smh.
Message 5 of 8
silver_idle
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
What are your scores?
How soon did you get an Amex? Just wondering at what score you got it.
If you have an AmEx why bother with those **bleep** cards? As soon as I can get an Amex my Cap 1 are gooooone

Its best to have mastecard or visa in the mix as well because not everyplace take AMEX due to their high merchant fees. 

Message 6 of 8
RadioRob
Established Contributor

@fishbjc wrote:

I believe Cap One is also doing HP's on all three bureaus for each CLI request.

CapOne absolutely does 3xHP on all NEW applications, but should be a SP.  My last 2 requests resulted in SPs, and according to Doctor of Credit, it's a SP as well.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/credit-cards/which-credit-card-companies-do-a-hard-pull-for-a-credit-...

Message 7 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the creditor is initiating their own determination of whether to grant a CLI (or that matter, take any other action on the account), that is an internal account review, and if coded as an Account Review (AR) inquiry, is a soft pull.

However, it a consumer initiates a request for new or increased credit, which includes a request for an increase in CLI, that provides permissible purpose under FCRA 604 for the inquiry to be coded as hard.

Some creditors may code a consumer initiated request for a CLI as soft, but if they do code as hard, there is no basis for dispute of its inclusion in your CR as a hard inquiry.  You take your chances when requesting a CLI that they may post a hard pull.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.