Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CO REMOVED all 3 Credit Bureaus GW Letter

tag
ptrain
Regular Contributor

Capital One CO REMOVED all 3 Credit Bureaus GW Letter

Well it worked. This was my first attempt at a goodwill letter with the Capital One EO office. I sent the letter in via e-mail and received several phone calls from a very nice lady in the EO office asking if I wanted to add any clarifying information. 

It was a $300 charge off from 2011, all other efforts had failed. I finally took the advice of members of this board and e-mailed GW to CEO e-mail. They also sent a letter confirming that my request to remove the CO from all 3 bureaus would be honored. Currently it has already come off of TU and EX, just waiting on Equifax.

Superstoked and can't wait to see what type of increase I might receive with this removal. 

After this only two baddies left. I am almost to 700 across the board. So take it from me GW to Cap One does work.

Starting Score: 541 (May 2014)
Current Score: EX:664, EQ:666, TU:694
Goal Score: 700 across the board
Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49
FIRECOURAGE
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One CO REMOVED all 3 Credit Bureaus GW Letter

Awesome! Congrats. How many points did you gain when it fell off?

4/01/2019 | Dismissed Chapter 7 BK

2/12/2024 | Equifax: 677 | Experian: 699 | TransUnion: 725
Goal Score: 750 - Across The Board
Message 2 of 50
ptrain
Regular Contributor

Credit scores have not updated just yet. Still waiting, as soon as they do I will post.

Thanks.

Starting Score: 541 (May 2014)
Current Score: EX:664, EQ:666, TU:694
Goal Score: 700 across the board
Message 3 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS!

May I get the email you sent your to? I sent mine 10 days ago and haven't gotten any sort of response Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seriously congrads!!!

How is everyone doing this though? I have sent CEO emails. Spoken to EO 3 times sent out good will letters through the mail and yet nothing but they fixed an update in reporting.

My charge off is from 2013 and has been FULLY paid no settlements no nothing.

What is the secret sauce you guys are using? Was there a legitimitate issue? What was the name of the lady who spoke to you?

Also everytime I have made a request for this from EO they always tell me they have to send it to a committee for review, and the committee always comes back with that they cant delete anything.

Please please someone help me or walk me through what you did in a PM or something because I'm drowning here with no life boat!!!

Message 5 of 50
ptrain
Regular Contributor

you a PM with the e-mail address.

Message 6 of 50
ptrain
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Seriously congrads!!!

How is everyone doing this though? I have sent CEO emails. Spoken to EO 3 times sent out good will letters through the mail and yet nothing but they fixed an update in reporting.

My charge off is from 2013 and has been FULLY paid no settlements no nothing.

What is the secret sauce you guys are using? Was there a legitimitate issue? What was the name of the lady who spoke to you?

Also everytime I have made a request for this from EO they always tell me they have to send it to a committee for review, and the committee always comes back with that they cant delete anything.

Please please someone help me or walk me through what you did in a PM or something because I'm drowning here with no life boat!!!

lostincreditnation I am PMing you answers.

Message 7 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wrote congrats! I also tried to GW the EO office but they denied me. What is your secret? Lol
Message 8 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where can I find that email address?  Could you possibly send it to me in a PM?  Thanks

Message 9 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd like to know the secret to getting them to say yes too! They called me back and said the "committee" said no to my GW request to delete. I'm feeling lost in the sauce over here. What are the magic words to get them to say yes?!
Message 10 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.