Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Credit Steps Increase!

Okay so I got upgraded to the quick silver but no cli when should I expect one
Message 21 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to chime in and share my first CLI (credit steps) increase that happened today.  I see a lot of people on here say the max might be 750 but as the OP got 2000 more, I also got a large amount, 3000.  I do have to note I highly utilize this card, put at least 2k through it a month and pay it off in full multiple times per week, I even go as far as paying more that the statement balance.  If anyone is looking to get big CLI's I can recomment high usage and lots of pays. 

Message 22 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!........Thanks for sharing..Smiley LOL

Message 23 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

After you make your 5th on time payment, before your next billing cycle you should see the increase. They move pretty fast with it.

Message 24 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started with an secured card and after my 5th month they increased my credit. After a year they increased my limit without requiring an additional deposit. Earlier this year I ordered the quicksilver & platinum card. After my 5th month with both of the cards I received the standard increase with both of the cards. I  now have 3 cap one cards and have never made one late payment & have never seen a substanial increase. Do you think there were other factors contributing to the fact they gave a credit line like that?

Message 25 of 34
Seangar
New Contributor

I've had both quicksilver and platinum cards since May of this year. The 6th statement has just cut for both of them, still no cli? I've paid both all on time and I've tried to request a cli on their website, but I was denied. 

How long does it take? Should I call them

Message 26 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Seangar wrote:

I've had both quicksilver and platinum cards since May of this year. The 6th statement has just cut for both of them, still no cli? I've paid both all on time and I've tried to request a cli on their website, but I was denied. 

I would think if you got in may you would be looking for one at anytime. You can call and they will look at your account and tell you when your credit step should show up.

Message 27 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Seangar wrote:

IfIf you made the 5 on time payments, definitely call them and see whats the delay. It should have happened by now.
Message 28 of 34
Seangar
New Contributor

SO I just spoke with a chat rep....

I asked why I havent gotten my cli yet, and i've had 6 statements...

Laura
09:05 AM
Credit Steps provides a one-time credit limit increase. Once receiving the credit limit increase, the customer is no longer part of the Credit Steps program.

Laura
The credit limit will be adjusted to the pre-qualified amount by:
the 7th billing statement if customers do not miss a required step.
the 10th billing statement if customers miss only one required step.

So what the heck? I also asked her what my pre qualified amount was....$500. So I'm going from $300  to $500? Unreal...my credit scores have jumped up by 100+ points since I got these cap1 cards in April. 
Message 29 of 34
antso91
Regular Contributor

@Seangar wrote:

SO I just spoke with a chat rep....

I asked why I havent gotten my cli yet, and i've had 6 statements...

Laura
Credit Steps provides a one-time credit limit increase. Once receiving the credit limit increase, the customer is no longer part of the Credit Steps program.

Laura
The credit limit will be adjusted to the pre-qualified amount by:
the 7th billing statement if customers do not miss a required step.
the 10th billing statement if customers miss only one required step.

So what the heck? I also asked her what my pre qualified amount was....$500. So I'm going from $300  to $500? Unreal...my credit scores have jumped up by 100+ points since I got these cap1 cards in April. 

I went through the same thing, my prequalified amount was only 750 from 500 and they bumped me to 3500. You never know what they will do.

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.