Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Credit Steps increase!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Credit Steps increase!

Just thought I'd share my Credit Steps increase with all of you wonderful folks here... ok, so I got two Cap One cards in Dec 2014, QS1 and Classic Plat both had starting limits of $300. My chapter 7 was discharged Jan 2015. In April I hit the luv button and didnt get much luv, $100 increase on both giving me $400 credit limit. Reached out to EO no luv there either they said their had been a recent cli on my accts and i had no experience with high limits (duh lol). So last night while waiting for my 6th statement to post, I logged in and both credit limits are now $750. I was hoping for more but something is better than nothing right? Ive been paying my statements in full or paying enough to bring my usage under 30% for reporting day. Twice I paid the minimum. I must say that I see alot of ppl on here trying to figure out capital ones formula for CLI and I think it has everything to do with your credit score and report. My mom who was discharged on the 5th of this month applied for the same two cards that I have in March and received the same starting limit. I hit the luv button on her accounts earlier this week and one card got $100 increase and $500 on the other. I think bc her scores have climbed significantly since filing. She started at 535 and is at about 620 (via credit karma) me on the other hand, I started out at 490 in october, went up to 610 by Feb then my student loans started reporting again and it dropped significantly. Im now about 580 (credit karma).

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Credit Steps increase!

Very nice.. Building credit is hard work so good job and congrats on the CLI...

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CLI!  I'm curious as to what your Credit Karma scores where when you applied for your Capital One credit cards.

I'm currently waiting for my SL Rehab to reflect on my Credit Report and Credit Score but am eager to apply now.  Credit Karma shows TU at 548 and EQ at 521.  I know they are FAKO Scores but still...I'm curious :-)

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit score was 534 when i got approved!

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your CLI!  I'm curious as to what your Credit Karma scores where when you applied for your Capital One credit cards.

I'm currently waiting for my SL Rehab to reflect on my Credit Report and Credit Score but am eager to apply now.  Credit Karma shows TU at 548 and EQ at 521.  I know they are FAKO Scores but still...I'm curious :-)

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks virgomom!  I'll try and be patience until the lower one is at least 540+.. I definatley don't want a denial/HP

Message 5 of 11
MzOptimistic
Regular Contributor

Hi did you apply for both cards back to back? Or did you apply for one then waited and applied for the second one?
CreditOne Platinum:$500/CreditOne American Express $500/Self Secured CC $575

Starting Scores in BK13: EX521,TU537,EX520
Current Scores as of April 2, 23: Waiting on Discharge: EX649,TU608,EX579
Goal Scores: EQ750,TU750,EX750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

They told me last week that the reason I went from 500 to 2500 was because I was always paying a few days early.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I applied for both back to back

@MzOptimistic wrote:
Hi did you apply for both cards back to back? Or did you apply for one then waited and applied for the second one?

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The key to getting CLI's from Capital One (and this is explained in their FAQs), is heavy usage (run it right to the limit), make large multiple payments per month (pay early, pay often) and leave little or no carried balance. If the reason for no increase is your scores they will tell you in a denial letter.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have two cap 1 cards. I got The platinum (300cl) in December 14' and QS(500cl) in January 15'. I stared useing the Pl card and pay it off and or down each month multiple times during the month..I hated that the CL was so low so I SD it and only used it for my automatic credit monitoring services each month, I paid that amount to zero before statement cut. On my 6th statement they increased that CL to 1,800. I use the QS more and i pay off balances several times a month like the other card.I hit the love button today and got a cli to 1,500. My 6th statement should cut next month. For me multiple payments through out the month and zero to little balance carried got me good increases on my cap 1 cards.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.