Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One - Do They PFD?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One - Do They PFD?

i have a capital one card.....DOLA is from 2003.

it is showing on my reports that the account is still open and they have not turned it over to a collection agency.

with that being said, does anyone know if they will PFD?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One - Do They PFD?

@Anonymous wrote:

i have a capital one card.....DOLA is from 2003.

it is showing on my reports that the account is still open and they have not turned it over to a collection agency.

with that being said, does anyone know if they will PFD?

Pay it BEFORE it goes to a ca or worse, they sue you in small claims. They WILL take you to court. I don't think you can pfd an oc. Pay it and then try to GW them.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks fo the info.

just to confirm....they can take me to court...but since it is beyond the SOL.....that could be my defense & they could not win right?

Message 3 of 6
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks fo the info.

just to confirm....they can take me to court...but since it is beyond the SOL.....that could be my defense & they could not win right?

Correct but if you were to not show up in court, they can win by default. So show up if you get served.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently dealt with Capital One with a similar issue. The account was 6 years  6months since date of first late. I told them I would pay in full for a delete. They gave me a long spill Capital One doesn't do PFD. I explained the account was beyond SOL in my state and it would fall off my credit report in less than 6 months anyways. I was trying to help both of us out by offering a PFD. Capital One doen't do PFD was the response I kept getting no matter who I talked to. Sure enough it has been 8 months and it has dropped off my report without ever being paid. Good Luck. I hope you have more success than I did.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have never received anything from them...been years.......wonder if they would offer a settlement amount....if i do this...it will not reset the 7 years right?

if i do settle....then it would show as being paid....which would be better then open and late right?

should i send them a letter with a settlement amount that i would be willing to pay if they marked the account as "paid in full" ?

i guess the letter would be similar to a PFD letter....does anyone have any sample letters that do this?  

Message Edited by molly73 on 03-18-2009 06:44 PM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.