Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One GW Denial. Try Again?

tag
MyForumName
Established Member

Capital One GW Denial. Try Again?

Sent a GW letter to Capital One asking to remove a late from August 2010 and received a letter basically saying that the information was correct. It's one late in 2010, is it worth trying a second round of GW letters? This is a current and open account that I still use from time to time. My worry is that if I pester them, they will dig up a couple of other lates that aren't reported as such and hit my reports in retribution. Any advice?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One GW Denial. Try Again?

I'd call speak to a customer service rep. Have some reason they can relate to for being late and as you can see the account is in good standing.  Most mortgage companies and cc forgive one late if the others are not marked I dont think they would have a vendetta for you. One more letter is only a stamp if you decide to write, but I'd go for the person to person mode.Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 2 of 4
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

It can't hurt to ask.. call Customer service ask them... send letter's to exec's... The worst they can say is no and you are in the spot you are now... I felt like I boarderline harassed some of my creditors and due to my stalker-ish, or persistant tendences I have raised my score 151 points in 2.5 months...

Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
annielorie
Valued Contributor

NEVER TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER YES IS THE ONLY WORD I CAN HEAR NO IS NOT IN MY VOCABSmiley Happy

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.