Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One GW Letter?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One GW Letter?

Does anyone esteemed member of the forum have an address to send Capital One a GW for a couple of late payments?  If so, what type of GW did you write them as well?

Thanks in Advance--TheTaxMan

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
upinflagstaff
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One GW Letter?

I had luck with the GW letter that I wrote here

I sent it to:

PO Box 30281
Salt Lake City 84130-0281

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
upinflagstaff
Frequent Contributor

I had luck with the GW letter that I wrote here

I sent it to:

PO Box 30281
Salt Lake City 84130-0281

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much

I will give this a try and get back to the forum with the result.  I really appreciate your help in this matter.

TheTaxMan

Message 3 of 6
credit_questons
Established Member

I had a closed capital one account that had  a late payment from several years ago. I disputed the late payment on my credit history and it went away. Maybe they don't bother to verify if it is a closed account, maybe it was a fluke. I don't know.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had to be a fluke, I disputed one and they came back with worse reported information..

Becareful....

Message 5 of 6
credit_questons
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Had to be a fluke, I disputed one and they came back with worse reported information..

Becareful....

Sredworb,

I have heard that time and time again on here. I did this before I read any of these forums because I read in other places that this is often effective because credit card companies can't be bothered to confirm stuff that is very old especially if they are not motivated ie you don't owe them any money. If I had looked on here first, I might not have tried it, but in my case a really did not have anything to lose. I had two 30 day lates and one 60 day late in 2006. There is no additional negative information that they could report without being dishonest and I didn't feel that was likely to happen. A collection agency yes, but Capital One probably not. I don't owe them anything and paid on time for 4 years after the lates.

I suppose the bad information could come back. I'd be right back were I started. I'm not encouraging others to try it, but wanted to share my story. This also worked with me for an old CorTrust account. It is also closed and the lates were from 2006 (bad year for me). I wonder if they will come back as well. Thoughts?

So far I have removed 6 negative items by disputing. Some really very old and some were truly mistakes. I had to dispute a invalid charge with verizon directly because they verified the info with credit agency even though it was wrong. A 30 minute phone call with them fixed it and they updated credit report in 24 hours.

I had some lates on Credit One and asked for a GW adjustment with no luck at all. So for me disputing has been more effective to date.....I guess only time will tell.

edit: Forgot to add that I also disputed late payments on an HSBC card. It was charged off and included in a Bankruptcy. It updated to say closed/never paid late, but it still shows up as being included in Bankruptcy so still looks negative.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.