Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One GW Success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One GW Success!

Hi all,

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone here that's posted in the past. I've been lurking here for a while now, and took the advice of many. I recently contacted Cap One as I had a charge off with them from 2016. I'm in the process of credit rebuilding and so far have had a GW tradeline removal from Credit One Bank, and as of today, Cap One as well! Both tradelines removed after having paid the Collection agencies. No luck with the CA yet but with Cap One and Credit One off, my mortgage Experian score has gone from my started 590 to today's 700! So thank you all, and I hope it all continues to help others.

FYI, I emailed the CEO of both companies and got replies back within days from their 'executive team'. A week to two weeks later, the tradelines were removed.

Good luck!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One GW Success!

That is really awesome!!! Every time I email cap 1, they tell me no dice. And even paper letters don’t do anything..

Maybe I’ll email again. Congrats!!!! 👏🤪
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That is really awesome!!! Every time I email cap 1, they tell me no dice. And even paper letters don’t do anything..

Maybe I’ll email again. Congrats!!!! 👏🤪

Never give up! I went straight to email and just told them a little of my story. We're all humans with a story. Soon I'm sure you'll get lucky and someone there will actually listen.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did email them already (a few months ago)— I’m afraid that when I email, the same girl would work on it.. and thus the same result of “we have to report properly.. blah blah..”
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! Congrats!! Congrats!! I have read that so many people are not successful with Capital One GW letters, so I am hopeful after hearing yours!! Happy to hear you are 2 down with 1 to go!! No place but up from here!! Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like OP had a Capital One account that was sold to a debt buyer.  WHen an OC sells a debt to a debt buyer, the OC frequently deletes the tradeline automatically.  WIthout that, if the OC still owns it, very different story.

Message 6 of 11
aerospaqe23
Valued Member

Congrats on your sucess. Can someone pm the email for capital one execs. 

Message 7 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@aerospaqe23 wrote:

Congrats on your sucess. Can someone pm the email for capital one execs. 

Cap 1 EO E-mail Contact Info

Message 8 of 11
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Great news. I know it feels good to have those removed. Will you share, either publicly or send direct message, the email you used for Cap 1?

Thanks,

Message 9 of 11
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Its good to hear that someone had success with Cap1.

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.