Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One GW

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One GW

I just discovered that one of my derogs should be falling off next year. Due to conflicting info between the 3 reports, not 100% certain which month it should fall off, but they all 3 CRA’s show the same year. 

Has anyone had success sending Capital One GW letters? I would like to get if off sooner than reported & hopefully give my score a boost. 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
kimbersleep
Contributor

Re: Capital One GW

@Anonymous wrote:

I just discovered that one of my derogs should be falling off next year. Due to conflicting info between the 3 reports, not 100% certain which month it should fall off, but they all 3 CRA’s show the same year. 

Has anyone had success sending Capital One GW letters? I would like to get if off sooner than reported & hopefully give my score a boost. 

Hi,

One year ago I started here at MyFico.com and found my only baddie was Capital One -- actually, an old HSBC card that had been sold or otherwise acquired by Capital One. It wasn't going to fall off until 2019 or so but I wrote to the Cap One Executive Office (sent a letter to their CEO via email) and within about 24 hours I was contacted by phone. I gave the representative info about my situation, she said she'd have her research team look into it, and within about 5 days she called me back with the results. They removed any late payment information from the account listing. I will PM you with the email address I used as we are not to post those publicly.

Best of luck to you!

04/20/17 - Fico Score 8: EQ 695, TU 689, EX 728; Mortgage: EQ 731, TU 740, EX 815 [Starting Point on MyFico]
05/09/18 - Fico Score 8: EQ 827, TU 821, EX 811; Mortgage: EQ 815, TU 795, EX 822 [Latest MyFico 3B]
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kimbersleep wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

One year ago I started here at MyFico.com and found my only baddie was Capital One -- actually, an old HSBC card that had been sold or otherwise acquired by Capital One. It wasn't going to fall off until 2019 or so but I wrote to the Cap One Executive Office (sent a letter to their CEO via email) and within about 24 hours I was contacted by phone. I gave the representative info about my situation, she said she'd have her research team look into it, and within about 5 days she called me back with the results. They removed any late payment information from the account listing. I will PM you with the email address I used as we are not to post those publicly.

Best of luck to you!

Thank you for the response. Would you be willing PM me a sample of the email so I can ensure I use the proper wording when requesting the GW adjustment?

Message 3 of 18
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When you email the CEO, you'll get a call back from some **bleep** named PJ. He'll act like he's going to help you and say he'll speak to higher ups or do his best, but in reality, he'll call back and quote you Capital One's policy and procedure.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oddly specific information.  Smiley Tongue

I have never had any luck with GW from Cap1, EO or not. 

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly worth a shot. Worst case scenario is I get told no, but I won’t know if I don’t try. It will def fall off next year so if GW doesn’t work, then I just wait.
Message 6 of 18
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

Capital One will do GW removal, just harass them. I also had a paid charge off due to fall off next year on my reports, I disputed it a few months ago and they didn't respond so it was removed from my reports. I have gotten Cap One charge offs and lates removed via goodwill and disputes.

I'm currently trying to get a 30 and 60 day late removed from them on my QSOne via GW, it will happen eventually. 

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sneakytiki wrote:

Capital One will do GW removal, just harass them. I also had a paid charge off due to fall off next year on my reports, I disputed it a few months ago and they didn't respond so it was removed from my reports. I have gotten Cap One charge offs and lates removed via goodwill and disputes.

I'm currently trying to get a 30 and 60 day late removed from them on my QSOne via GW, it will happen eventually. 

Have you had success with the GW? I’m concerned that if I dispute, they will make it stay the whole 7.5 years Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 18
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

I have had success with both in the past. Early on they are difficult to get adjustments with but with old accounts and your doing well now, they are more likely to remove past negative information. 

You can also dispute accounts that are not reporting with 100% accuracy on your credit reports. You said all 3 are reporting differently and the information reported should be accurate. 

Or if they are not 100% accurate, explain the past situation, that they are not reporting accurately, reasons for you rebuilding and how well you are doing now in a GW letter may just get the account removed. That is the route I would go, disputes can be a coin toss sometimes but a GW letter with multiple reasons and that reaches the right person may have more success. 

I have never personally seen a dispute change the outcome of GW letters, someone else may have and may chime in. Capital One may even remove accounts early at times, I have seen that before too. 

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 9 of 18
kimbersleep
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kimbersleep wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Best of luck to you!

Thank you for the response. Would you be willing PM me a sample of the email so I can ensure I use the proper wording when requesting the GW adjustment?

Sure! I'll PM you a copy now.

04/20/17 - Fico Score 8: EQ 695, TU 689, EX 728; Mortgage: EQ 731, TU 740, EX 815 [Starting Point on MyFico]
05/09/18 - Fico Score 8: EQ 827, TU 821, EX 811; Mortgage: EQ 815, TU 795, EX 822 [Latest MyFico 3B]
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.