Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Goodwill Success!!!! 2017

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Goodwill Success!!!! 2017

@Anonymous wrote:
Just wanted to send some inspiration to anyone that may feel uncertain about attempting Goodwill letters for late payments. Based on some information that I found on these discussion boards I decided to give capital one a try. I had a 60 day late payment dating back to Jan & Feb 2017. I have had my credit card since 2011 and never made a late payment except for these two months. I sent a Goodwill letter via email to the capital one CEO on 3/15/17. On 3/19 I received a telephone call from a lady at the capital one executive office. She was very pleasant and wanted to let me know that my request was received and she was investigating the issue. She left her contact info in case I had any questions. On 3/26 I checked my credit report and to my surprise, the late payment was removed from all 3 of my credit reports. On 3/28 the same lady called me to inform me of their decision to grant my request. She said that it would take 60 days for the update to post to reports. But unbeknownst to her, the changes updated immediately. My fico 8 went up an avg 22 points across the three bureaus. This was my first try at a Goodwill letter. And I couldn't hold back this info. If anyone needs a Goodwill...then capital one is the place to get it! Good Luck!

Congratulations, it is indeed a good feeling.

Message 11 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I'm still fighting with cap1 for goodwill adjustment on lates from 2014-2015. Would you mind sending me the cap1 email you addressed to?
Message 12 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's worth a try!
Message 13 of 53
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

Thats aweome and congrats to you! I was declined but I will certainly try again soon and hopefully get someone that will help me. My lates are from 2014 and I've been a customer since 2010, hit a rough patch and although I was paying, they still marked me late. 

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 14 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you be able to provide the contact that you had at the EO of Capital One? I so appreciate!

Message 15 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your success with cap1!!! Is there any way you can dm me with the info you used it would be greatly appreciated
Message 16 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and it's great that  you had an awesome result! 

I would greatly appreciate a PM with the address, because I've gotten nowhere via phone. I know the lates will have less of an impact within 6 months, but I'm really trying to get a mortgage so removal will be much better. 

Message 17 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi can you Pm me the address that you used please send to my new email  <mod edit>  Thanks 

Mod note:  I'm sorry, personal contact info isn't permitted on myFICO.

Message 18 of 53
800goal800
Frequent Contributor

Hello.  Would you mind pm the info as well ?   Thanks. 

Message 19 of 53
crapandgarbage
New Contributor

can you please give me the email address for capital one CEO, I have one late payment for auto loan.

Message 20 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.