Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Goodwill Success

tag
Nikita2008
Regular Contributor

Capital One Goodwill Success

Following advice here I sent out some Goodwills last week. I submitted to Capital One, Fingerhut and First Premeir. I honestly did not hold high hopes for any of them.

I got a call from the executive offices at Capital One this morning, asking me to clarify some specifics about my situation. The gentleman said, although it's not their policy he would submit it, and I would hear back probably by tomorrow, that he would call me one way or the other. He called back this afternoon, and said that the request was approved and all of my lates would be removed ( I have 12 going back to 2015). I have been consistently current on that account since Feb 2019, and the account is open, I actually received a small CLI last month. He said I will get a confirmation letter within a month and should see the update witi. 30-45 days.

I still have a lot of lates on my reports though, from First Premeir ( 8) , Fingerhut (3), as well as First Access and Total Visa and a really sloppy auto with GM Financial. I don't have a lot of hope with any of those. It can't hurt to keep trying though. The Total Card charged off in 2019, and no one seems to want to take my money lol. Once I can get it settled I'll give it a shot.

Current FICO 8's are TU 663, EQ 678, EX 687 without the removal.

Small victory but I'll take it.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One Goodwill Success

Congratulations on your GW success! Job well done.
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nikita2008 wrote:

Following advice here I sent out some Goodwills last week. I submitted to Capital One, Fingerhut and First Premeir. I honestly did not hold high hopes for any of them.

I got a call from the executive offices at Capital One this morning, asking me to clarify some specifics about my situation. The gentleman said, although it's not their policy he would submit it, and I would hear back probably by tomorrow, that he would call me one way or the other. He called back this afternoon, and said that the request was approved and all of my lates would be removed ( I have 12 going back to 2015). I have been consistently current on that account since Feb 2019, and the account is open, I actually received a small CLI last month. He said I will get a confirmation letter within a month and should see the update witi. 30-45 days.

I still have a lot of lates on my reports though, from First Premeir ( 8) , Fingerhut (3), as well as First Access and Total Visa and a really sloppy auto with GM Financial. I don't have a lot of hope with any of those. It can't hurt to keep trying though. The Total Card charged off in 2019, and no one seems to want to take my money lol. Once I can get it settled I'll give it a shot.

Congrats on the CAP 1 success. Curious did you email or mail out letters? Specifically interested in Fingerhut, I mailed out on 4/1 haven't heard anything, was going to email, but can't find any contact info online for fingerhut. Would you mind sharing if you did email. Please and thank you Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nikita2008 wrote:

Congrats!!

Message 4 of 17
Herb8108
Valued Member

Hey can you send me the capital one address/email for the goodwill letters i have a few I'm trying to send myself 

More Life, More Credit, More Power
Message 5 of 17
Nikita2008
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Nikita2008 wrote:

Congrats on the CAP 1 success. Curious did you email or mail out letters? Specifically interested in Fingerhut, I mailed out on 4/1 haven't heard anything, was going to email, but can't find any contact info online for fingerhut. Would you mind sharing if you did email. Please and thank you Smiley Happy

Without publishing the actual email, I emailed the CEO of Capital One Richard Fairbank. If you google his name, the email is readily available. 

I emailed Fingerhut as well. No luck on that one. I'll send out snail mail. Steve Nave at Bluestem brands I believe.

Message 6 of 17
Joobie
Regular Contributor

Thank you & Congrats!!!

Starting Credit Scores:

Current Credit Scores:

Current Credit Cards (In Order of Approval):
Message 7 of 17
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is fantastic! 

Would you mind sharing the gw letter for Capital One.  I just received a 30 day late even though I paid it two days early. The rep told me the banks were closed on the weekend. And, because of this my payment would reflect the next business day.  I think its so unfair.  

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That is fantastic! 

Would you mind sharing the gw letter for Capital One.  I just received a 30 day late even though I paid it two days early. The rep told me the banks were closed on the weekend. And, because of this my payment would reflect the next business day.  I think its so unfair.  

I would not use someone else's letter or a template. It's very likely that they've seen them a thousand times a month and will discard it out of hand. Write one that speaks to your personal situation, be contrite, own the mistake, explain how you've fixed things so that it won't happen again, and humbly ask for the goodwill. 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.