Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Goodwill Success!! UPDATE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Goodwill Success!! UPDATE

Wow, I am so excited right now! I just got off the phone with capital one an they are removing a 30 day and 60 day late from my credit report! I sent off a goodwill email last week and then again today. Both to the same email.  I am so thrilled! There's definitely hope with Capital One!

The saga continues on attempting to get these lates removed...so just an update for all following this. The lates are still on my report. I got an update on Tuesday that a dispute was added to my report on this account. Then, I checked my mail box and I have a DENIAL letter in my mailbox. At this point I am seriously crushed. I am completely deflated and feeling hopeless and fully believing this 60 day late is going to plague me for the next 6.5 years. So today, I call Capital One to ask about the dispute, as I did not dispute anything. The representative tells me that this is standard (???) and that the CRA put this on here, and it will be resolved by the second week of September. I clarified and asked twice if the lates would be removed and this rep said yes. I am cautiously optimistic. He said if it was still there after the second week of September I should call back. I guess I will wait and see what happens for now.

Another update! After a lot of waiting, 3 phone calls with one phone call FINALLY figuring out what was going on, Capital One has removed my 30 & 60 day late! Two bureaus have updated so far yeilding a 36 and 41 point increase. So excited! Hello 700s club!

Message 1 of 279
278 REPLIES 278
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One Goodwill Success!!

Congratulations on your success!
Message 2 of 279
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Congrats! CO seems to be rather generous recently. Wonder if this change is COVID related.

Message 3 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have noticed the same thing. For whatever the reason I'm glad it's happening!

Message 4 of 279
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Message 5 of 279
Cjethompson2017
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous Do you mind messaging the email you sent it to? Want to compare with what I sent! Thank you, and congrats!

Message 6 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cjethompson2017 wrote:

@Anonymous Do you mind messaging the email you sent it to? Want to compare with what I sent! Thank you, and congrats!

PM sent!

Message 7 of 279
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to your success with Cap-1 Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 279
peter1974
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cjethompson2017 wrote:

PM sent!

I'd also like to know who you emailed as well as I've done so a few months ago with no success.

Message 9 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

@peter1974 sent you a PM

Message 10 of 279
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.