Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Judgment Lien

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Judgment Lien

I am helpign a friend with few credit disputes and so forth. According to the state, there is a judgemnt lien dating back to Dec 2012 but credit report does not show it at all. Is that normal? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One Judgment Lien

@Anonymous wrote:

I am helpign a friend with few credit disputes and so forth. According to the state, there is a judgemnt lien dating back to Dec 2012 but credit report does not show it at all. Is that normal? 

It happens sometimes, I would be taking care of the lien before it does show. Have it withdrawn once its satisfied,.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

How should we begin? Contact OC first? I am not familiar with those type of issues. Thanks. 

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

How should we begin? Contact OC first? I am not familiar with those type of issues. Thanks. 

I would start with getting the info from the courthouse as to who got the judgment and contact them, if you cant get anywhere this way you could contact the OC. If the OC sold the debt then there isnt much they can do except tell you who they sold it to and you would then contact them. You will eventually get to the judgment owner to settle.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.