Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Late payment - Goodwill email

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Late payment - Goodwill email

Hi all,

After reading a couple forums on the best ways to get to Capital one, i found that emailing the Executive Office has been fruitful for some people.

I already wrote a goodwill snail-mail letter last year concerning two missed payments (March 2016 and January 2017), and got the basic "we have to send accurate reports to credit bureau, so no!" response.

Last week i decided to send the email to the CEO; a very personal one, detailing what happened at those points in my life (actual true stories coz what the heck), and today i got a call back from D****se.  She was very cordual (maybe because it was a recorded call).

We talked a little about the email, and about the details of what happened.  I poured my heart out to her (coz what the heck).

She asked me if i had anything else to say; i basically taked to her about how i've developed a fondness for Capital One, about how they have been a big part of my family's lives (we've gotten Auto loans from Cap1, have all our checkings and savings with them, have investment accounts with them etc).

She appreciated that.

She ended the discussion saying she would review the two missed payments and see if the report can be adjusted, and to expect a call back in a couple days.

i know this sounds like what everyone who's gone the email route goes through (talk on phone -> we'll call you back with answer -> nope, sorry can't change it).

But i'm holding onto strings of hope here.  I'm hoping i pulled enough heart strings with D****se that i get a positive outcome, coz what the heck!!

Wish me luck

OH, CAPITAL ONE!!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Late payment - Goodwill email

However it turns out, good job!

Message 2 of 10
moosemoney
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i know this sounds like what everyone who's gone the email route goes through (talk on phone -> we'll call you back with answer -> nope, sorry can't change it).

Oh boy. I am waiting for a call back from my mortgage company on the same thing. I wrote them a heartfelt letter and a woman called me back six days later saying they will look into it and call me back. I thought that was a good sign. Now I'm nervous!

Message 3 of 10
deseandav09
Contributor

Think positive. I sent an email last month to the Executive office for a late payment in Dec 2017 the first rep that called me was nice he called me back a few days later and said it was nothing he can do. So I waited two weeks sent the same email got a call from a different rep spoke to him about 10 minutes then few days later he calls back and said Congratulations we will remove the late payment. So just keep it at
Message 4 of 10
moosemoney
Regular Contributor

That makes me feel better. Thank you.

I wish I had stretched out the phone call when they called me back, though! I was nervous and just answered her questions with "yes" or "no" answers. I was friendly of course, like always Smiley Wink , but now I'm wishing I had been more chatty.

Oh well, if it doesn't work this time I'll try again. 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay,

So to close the loop on this... 

What's her face called me back a week later or so.

And just as i thought... she was very polite again, but as soon as i heard her say "we appreciate the effort you took to get in touch with us and request this adjustment. However".... i tuned out!

She pretty much said the report was accurate and we are obliged to make accurate reports... 

Oye.

I'll try again in a couple months.

i won't stop till Capital One forgives me for those two late payments!! Pretty please?

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.  Hope u received your request from Capital 1.  I missed a $25 payment by 3 days and it messed with my score.  Trying to change it so I can get a good loan rate to close on house.  Would you share her email address with me or where I go to find it.  Thanks

Message 7 of 10
taggl00
Valued Member

they legally have to give an accurate reporting of your payment history .....if they delete because you ask pretty pleasee, they are violating the law

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi.  Hope u received your request from Capital 1.  I missed a $25 payment by 3 days and it messed with my score.  Trying to change it so I can get a good loan rate to close on house.  Would you share her email address with me or where I go to find it.  Thanks

Was the payment three days past the due date or 33 days late?  Excuse my ignorance but I thought you had to be at least 30 days late for it to be reported on your credit report.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! Do you mind PM me the email you used?! I am currently in the same boat trying to buy a house and have three missed payments from 2018!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.