Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Overdraft/Reserve Checking Charge Off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Overdraft/Reserve Checking Charge Off

Hey guys,

I had a Capital One checking account with an overdraft protection limit of $300, which I ended up using and never paying back in 2008, though the it's showing as 90 days late as of January 2016 for Experian and Equifax (not sure why as I didn't touch this account for years).

Anyways, I total I owe is $407, the payment status is "Charged off, Bed debt placed for collection & skip". 

What are the chances of me calling/writing them and asking for a PFD? I recently got a new credit card from Capital One, so maybe I can use that to my advantage? 

$407 is not a lot of money and I can easily pay it off, just wondering how I should approach it. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Overdraft/Reserve Checking Charge Off

Different underwiring for CC and banking.  I tried to do a PIF with delete on a CC from 2012 they denied request. I did a recon and they still denied - stated that accurate reporting to CB.  Wish you luck.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys,

I had a Capital One checking account with an overdraft protection limit of $300, which I ended up using and never paying back in 2008, though the it's showing as 90 days late as of January 2016 for Experian and Equifax (not sure why as I didn't touch this account for years).

Anyways, I total I owe is $407, the payment status is "Charged off, Bed debt placed for collection & skip". 

What are the chances of me calling/writing them and asking for a PFD? I recently got a new credit card from Capital One, so maybe I can use that to my advantage? 

$407 is not a lot of money and I can easily pay it off, just wondering how I should approach it. 

Thanks!

That should have been removed in 2015...

Dispute with CRA as not having a correct DoFD.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys,

Thanks!

That should have been removed in 2015...

Dispute with CRA as not having a correct DoFD.

For some reason, debt activity is still showing up on my accountfor Experian and Equifax, the last reported month was July 17 with a mark of "KD" or Key Deragotory. 

CreditKarma has the last payment listed as June 2012 and closed date of September 2012. 

If I try to negotiate a PFD or some kind of good will arrangement, will it reset the 7 years? Is it best to call them or send a letter?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.