Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Platinum PC to QS?

tag
lucknpat
Contributor

Capital One Platinum PC to QS?

I've had the Capital One Platinum card for over 2 years now and have only gotten one CLI. I'm currently rebuilding and this card has always had a balance, but I'm going to pay my balance down to $0. I've read on here in the forum that you can PC this card to a QS. Is this recommended and still possible to do? Or do you have to be invited to PC it to the QS?

Originally I was just going to app for the QS when I prequalify for it. This past year I've increased my scores over 70 points and my BK is due to fall off this year.

FICO8 - 8/2019
EX 510, TU 538, EQ 497

FICO8 - 11/27/2021
EX 528, TU 584, EQ 558

FICO 8 - 4/4/2022
EX 623, TU 629, EQ 650
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Kikimin1
Valued Member

Re: Capital One Platinum PC to QS?

I called about a week ago and asked if I was able to get a PC.  Platinum was upgraded to QS with no AF and rewards. It was that easy.

Starting Scores: 07/2021 EX: 488 EQ: 499 TU: 518
02/2022: EX: 646 EQ: 607 TU: 650
Message 2 of 17
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

You can call or find the upgrade link floating around the forums to PC. No invite needed, though your account does have to be deemed "eligible."

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 17
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

You can call or find the upgrade link floating around the forums to PC. No invite needed, though your account does have to be deemed "eligible."

This link should still work "upgrade link"

You have to login to your account first before see the upgrade options.

Message 4 of 17
Reviewers
Established Contributor

@CYBERSAM posted the correct upgrade link! You can use that and it should tell you if you have a upgrade available to any other card from their line up @lucknpat and CAP1 is a bit stingy imo with credit increases. I have had my card for 6 years and have only increases 2 increases.

Message 5 of 17
lucknpat
Contributor

@CYBERSAM wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Thank you for the link but I must not be eligible as the page just comes up blank below Capital One's header

this is after I'm logged in. Maybe after I've paid it off I'll be able to upgrade.

FICO8 - 8/2019
EX 510, TU 538, EQ 497

FICO8 - 11/27/2021
EX 528, TU 584, EQ 558

FICO 8 - 4/4/2022
EX 623, TU 629, EQ 650
Message 6 of 17
lucknpat
Contributor

@Reviewers wrote:

@CYBERSAM posted the correct upgrade link! You can use that and it should tell you if you have a upgrade available to any other card from their line up @lucknpat and CAP1 is a bit stingy imo with credit increases. I have had my card for 6 years and have only increases 2 increases.

Yes, I would agree that they're stingy with credit increases!

FICO8 - 8/2019
EX 510, TU 538, EQ 497

FICO8 - 11/27/2021
EX 528, TU 584, EQ 558

FICO 8 - 4/4/2022
EX 623, TU 629, EQ 650
Message 7 of 17
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@lucknpat wrote:

@CYBERSAM wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Thank you for the link but I must not be eligible as the page just comes up blank below Capital One's header

this is after I'm logged in. Maybe after I've paid it off I'll be able to upgrade.

Call and ask. Works the same way. Its a go or a no. Cap1 leads to so many better things down the road. Some people trash them and forgot who gave them their start in the begining. Just sayin................

Message 8 of 17
lucknpat
Contributor

@FireMedic1I'll try to call as you suggest and see what happens. As for Cap1 I know what you mean,  they've been good to me even after I burned them more than once.

FICO8 - 8/2019
EX 510, TU 538, EQ 497

FICO8 - 11/27/2021
EX 528, TU 584, EQ 558

FICO 8 - 4/4/2022
EX 623, TU 629, EQ 650
Message 9 of 17
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@lucknpat wrote:

@CYBERSAM wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Hmm. No that's not what that means. When you're not eligible it usually takes you back to your dashboard. Try this:

@HappyGoLucky4U wrote:

When you log into Capital One and land on the dashboard, go ahead and click on one of your credit card account.  Once you are on a specific credit card account, go to your toolbar address and add /productupgrade after the = in the web address.  That took me to the upgrade page.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.