Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Pre-Qual

tag
moneystinks
New Contributor

Capital One Pre-Qual

How accurate is the Capital One Prequal on their website? If Its takes I'm prequalified for a card, does that mean they'll give me one?  I would hate to waste a hard pull on all 3 reports and not get it.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Pre-Qual

@moneystinks wrote:

How accurate is the Capital One Prequal on their website? If Its takes I'm prequalified for a card, does that mean they'll give me one?  I would hate to waste a hard pull on all 3 reports and not get it.

Thanks!

I just helped my daughter and she prequalified for two cards, took the Quicksilver One and was approved for $1000 CL.  She ONLY has a mortgage on her credit report and that's only a year old.

Message 2 of 29
savings4tomorrow
Regular Contributor

It was right on for me.  It showed I was pre-qualified and I applied and was approved for the QuickSilver Cash rewards card.  Now my husband has been trying and it just keeps saying no match, but gives suggestions. 

Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@savings4tomorrow wrote:

Now my husband has been trying and it just keeps saying no match, but gives suggestions. 

Yeah, same here...

Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same Here. Said No Match, but gave suggestions. What do you think that means? 

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me, it means I'm not about to apply for their fee cards....

Message 6 of 29
Ambular1304
Contributor

It has given me the you might be interested in these cards, I applied for both and got both. YMMV

Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@moneystinks wrote:

Thanks!

What did you decide?

Message 8 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ambular1304 wrote:

It has given me the you might be interested in these cards, I applied for both and got both. YMMV

Were they decent CL's?

Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have good credit?

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.