Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secure CLI

tag
800goal800
Frequent Contributor

Capital One Secure CLI

What is the typical time frame after the 5th statement to see an increase ?  Thx 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
NeverGivinUp
New Contributor

Re: Capital One Secure CLI

My Cap One Secured got a $300 CLI Increase after 6th statement, bringing CL to $500. It didn't graduate (I was told it will never graduate) so I was surprised to the CLI.  In the meantime, I got a QS1 (currently in Credit Steps) but again, with a SL of only $300.

Message 2 of 9
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

@NeverGivinUp wrote:

My Cap One Secured got a $300 CLI Increase after 6th statement, bringing CL to $500. It didn't graduate (I was told it will never graduate) so I was surprised to the CLI.  In the meantime, I got a QS1 (currently in Credit Steps) but again, with a SL of only $300.

@NeverGivinUp wrote:

I've Crapital one secured since the middle of 2016 and you are correct..they give out ONE CLI and that is it.

If you ask them for a CLI..."secured accounts are not eligible".

I've asked to have ONE 30 day late removed..."nope..we can't".

Also..they have slowly increased my APR by .25% every 2-3 months. It started out at like 21.9 and is now like 26.9.

I thought credit card companies have to give out a notice before raising APR? (They used too).

I've complained to the EO about the increasing APR and their response was pretty much "because we can".

Credit Card companies have a name for those who pay their bill in full each month: Deadbeats
Message 3 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@800goal800 wrote:

What is the typical time frame after the 5th statement to see an increase ?  Thx 

From their website 

Get access to a higher credit line after making your first 5 monthly payments on time.

Message 4 of 9
800goal800
Frequent Contributor

My statement cut today and I received a $300 CLI bringing it to $500.

Message 5 of 9
satio
Frequent Contributor

@800goal800 wrote:

My statement cut today and I received a $300 CLI bringing it to $500.

So did you open this account with a $200 deposit and corresponding $200 CL and then after 5 months they raised your account to $500 CL and still holding the $200 security deposit?

Message 6 of 9
800goal800
Frequent Contributor

Correct.  I don’t believe the deposit will get returned and graduate. 

Message 7 of 9
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Cleaningitup2016 wrote:

@NeverGivinUp wrote:

@NeverGivinUp wrote:

I've Crapital one secured since the middle of 2016 and you are correct..they give out ONE CLI and that is it.

If you ask them for a CLI..."secured accounts are not eligible".

I've asked to have ONE 30 day late removed..."nope..we can't".

Also..they have slowly increased my APR by .25% every 2-3 months. It started out at like 21.9 and is now like 26.9.

I thought credit card companies have to give out a notice before raising APR? (They used too).

I've complained to the EO about the increasing APR and their response was pretty much "because we can".

It goes up with the prime rate. It's disclosed in the terms and conditions. Pretty standard for all card issuers even if other choose not to.

Message 8 of 9
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Cap1 is not currently graduating cards, however, if you got your card during a time they were graduating, it will graduate. The expectation should have been set by Cap1 for a graduation at 12 months. Some people graduate early, others don't. In the end, it doesn't matter because even if the card graduates, it won't grow. You're better off applying for a new, unsecured card with them.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.