cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured Card Credit Limit INCREASE!!

tag
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Secured Card Credit Limit INCREASE!!

I never got a limit increase on my secured card.  I've had it for about 2 years.

Then again I was increasing the allowed limit myself every month or so and it's been sitting at 3k for the last 6 months....which is the maximum amount.

Still though when i called them earlier in the process, they said they don't do automatic credit limit increases on secured cards.

very strange

Message 11 of 96
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

@sphinx313 wrote:

If I needed any reassurance before that things were happening it's just a slow grind and you have to keep at it, I don't need the reassurance anymore! Woke up to an e-mail on my phone that said I got a $100 unsecured bump on my Capital One Secured Card. This is exactly  6 months to the day that I received the card and have never missed a payment. Capital One is slowly proving to be one of the better Secured Cards and I would recommend them for sure!

Congrats to you! They gave me $300 dollars on my secured card last week. Was very shock, but think its because I inquired about closing the account.

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 12 of 96
lottieukes

Hi,I got my cap1card 3months ago and i was pleased.With poor credit $200.00CL was a start. After reading and talking to people I soon realized I needed more credit. Went to Navy Federal signed up and applied for a CC the same day and was blessed with more than10xs my cap1 card.I don't normally respond to blogs online. But this have to get out there NAVY FEDERAL ROCKS give them a call or any other Credit Union. U Will be please....
Message 13 of 96
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

@lottieukes wrote:
Hi,I got my cap1card 3months ago and i was pleased.With poor credit $200.00CL was a start. After reading and talking to people I soon realized I needed more credit. Went to Navy Federal signed up and applied for a CC the same day and was blessed with more than10xs my cap1 card.I don't normally respond to blogs online. But this have to get out there NAVY FEDERAL ROCKS give them a call or any other Credit Union. U Will be please....

Congrats to you! Which I qualified. Heard great things about Navy Federal.

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 14 of 96
beb86
Valued Contributor

I have had mine for 2 years for the whole $49/$200 thing...I did get an offer for every $1 I deposited I would get $1 in unsecured increases..Never took advantage though but shortly after I did get a $100 CLI. This was the first card I got when I started my rebuild and it has really served its purpose. 

Message 15 of 96
Relique
New Contributor

They approved me for this card six months ago. $49 for a $200 limit. I opted to pay $349 to increase the limit to $500.

I added another $500 deposit because it is my only card.

The day of my sixth statement I received an email that they did an unsecured CLI of $300. It's now at $1300.

I am now gardening my three cards and hoping to apply for one of their unsecured cards next year.

Message 16 of 96
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Me too! My limit is $1300. Was shock they increased it by $300 when everyone has reported only $100. Congrats to you!

Message 17 of 96
doc101
Regular Contributor

Have had my Cap One card for almost 2yrs with no limit increase. When I called to ask about an increase, I was told that no increase will be given nor will one be offered. The only way increase my limit was to make a deposit. Only 1 late payment on record but still felt like I deserved an increase. Still a good company to help those looking to rebuild.

Starting Score:Equifax 543
Current Score:EQ659 TU 716 EXP677 updated 7/3/2016
Goal Score: 700

Message 18 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my card almost a year and I always pay on time and they have never offered me a cli.

Message 19 of 96
goldenyears
New Contributor

This all seems so random, though there must be some method to their madness.  Way back when I had excellent credit and large credit limits with major banks, Cap1 declined my application.  Now they keep raising my CL for my secured card AND approved an application for a rewards card with a $2500 limit.  For the record, I always pay my secure card on time and I use it heavily, sometimes pay it off mid-month and running it up again.

I'm not complaining about my good fortune, for sure, but it seems I hear a lot of people with much better credit than I have (I have three judgments, several collections and negatives on all but my new accounts!) being declined for increases/approvals and cannot see any patterns at all.  Maybe it is the heavy use that makes the difference in the increases, but that doesn't explain the inconsistent approvals - income maybe?

Starting Score: 523 TU: 3/15/2012
Current Score: 732 EQ 09/03/2014
Next Goal Score: steady 750 by Jan 2017

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.