cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured Card Credit Limit INCREASE!!

tag
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Secured Card Credit Limit INCREASE!!

Cap1 secured card are very unconsistant. From what the EO was telling me, secured card don't offer any cli at all besides the 6 month $100 cli but that is all!! I think Cap1 should treat those that pay ontime like value customers and grow as we grow.

Message 21 of 96
alexhortdog
Regular Contributor

I actually just got this card a couple weeks ago, and have the $200 for $49 limit thingie.  Was thinking about increasing the limit in a month or two. 

I strictly am going to use it for gas and other bills I'd normally put on my debit card. 

Starting Score: 605 (Experian); 588 (Equifax); 590 (TransUnion)
Current Score: 626 (Experian); 667 (Equifax); 670 (TransUnion)
Goal Score: 800

Message 22 of 96
omasandapariba
New Visitor

I just hit the 6 month mark with my card & received the $100 increase. 

Message 23 of 96
alexhortdog
Regular Contributor

Hey everybody! Been a while since I've posted on here, but here we go... I got a credit limit increase a while back ($100) on this card, plus the $100 I put on there for a limit of $400. Since then, I've gotten the following: An increase up from $550.00 up to $1000.00 on my Barklays MasterCard. Approval of a $1000 unsecured card from Capital One. Just truckin right along!

Starting Score: 605 (Experian); 588 (Equifax); 590 (TransUnion)
Current Score: 626 (Experian); 667 (Equifax); 670 (TransUnion)
Goal Score: 800

Message 24 of 96
ryox03
Regular Contributor

I received the $100 bump a few months ago as well. The card is about a year old now and I am not expecting another bump. The cards sole purpose was to get a positive tradeline going so I could get approved for unsecured products. After just shy of a year I was able to get approved from a Quicksilver One at $500, and A Kays card for $2000 to get my girl a present. It's done it's job as far as I am concerned and hopefully in another year I will be at a place that will allow me to trade in my car and get a decent rate on my loan.

If you look at it as a tool, instead of a regular credit product, you are less likely to have negative feelings about it. Just make sure you get some unsecured accounts after six months to a year, that way you don't have to worry so much about AAOA impact when you close it down the line.

$1,000 Amex ED, Amex PRG- NPSL,$5,000 Quicksilver Visa, $3750 CO Quicksilver One, $3,300 BarclayCard Rewards,$2000 Paypal Credit, $3500 Walmart, $1700 Target. $5000 Kay Jewlers, $3500 Amazon Prime Store Card, $1,600 Discover IT

652 EQ 661 TU 650 EX 4/19/2016
Message 25 of 96
Det_Busa

I've had my Capitol One Secured Credit Card for just over 2 years now. I've never been late, never missed a payment and almost always pay my card of in full. I've paid it off in full about 23 out of the 26 months I've had it. And through that time they've given me one unsecured limit increase of $100. I've increased the limit myself 3 time at $100 each. But only 1 limit increase from them in 2 years with an excellent credit history with them. So I've pretty much given up on hope that I'll get another and getting upgraded to an unsecured card not even in my wildest dreams. But all in all it has served it's purpose very well. When I started my fico was a 420 and now it's 689. I've gotten unsecured cards from Discover, CitiBank, Merrick Bank, Walmart and recently got my Wells Fargo secured card upgraded to an unsecured card in about 14 months of having it. And it all started with Capitol One. So it served it purpose in that regard but don't expect much more out of it other than it being a building block.
Message 26 of 96
benandjerry
Regular Contributor

This was the 2nd card I got, 49$ for $200 CL. Straight away made another deposit to make it a total CL of $750. At the 6 month mark (I think) I did get the $100 increase.

While the card helped me build my initial credit, I will probably close it before the AF is due next march. Since my AAoA is 2,6 years (due to 2 amex cards with backdating), my AAoA will actually increase so should help my credit score. Utilization is not an issue since the $850 is only a small percentage of the $31K total available credit.

I thank them for their intial acceptance, but the fact that there is no graduation for this card is not helping them keep me as a customer.

$1250                $4000              $15,000            $11,000         $1000(secured)      CLOSED!                  $5000        2.65%:
Starting Score: 0 (03/01/13) &Current Score: TU FICO 791 CK755 CS747 QZ747 &Goal Score: 750 new goal:800 garden since 03/21/14
Message 27 of 96
Tiny789
New Visitor

Not true. Mine was increased by $1500. They sent me an email stating if I accepted the increase.. To call the number. I originally had a $500 secure limit. I usually paid my card off in full. So I'm not sure what they take in mind when jumping you up. Obv credit score. But curious why most ppl r only $100.. While mine was over a grand.
Message 28 of 96
redshoes
Established Member

I got a $100 increase at the 7-month mark (this month). Started with a 548 Experian. I've bumped it up nearly 120 points; eliminated one baddie along the way, still a couple of paid liens on my report. TU recently hit 700. Leveraged my long checking relationship with Chase for a United MileagePlus Explorer back in November, did a Delta Gold AmEx last month. Relatively low limits, but at least I'm in with Chase and American Express. I'll likely PC the Delta card to the new Everyday card in about a year, as it better suits my needs. I've been religious about keeping my util down, though I use my assortment of cards for practically every purchase now. I'd say the score growth, excellent DTI (which would still be pretty solid even if all my cards were maxed; I basically have two weeks' pay worth of credit) and consistently low util led to the CLI. I've heard people complain about the CapOne secured, but I honestly can't be happier with it. Use it regularly and responsibly and see it for what it is, a key to open larger doors. If you do that, they *will* open eventually. And possibly faster than you'd think. I didn't expect to see my score rise as dramatically as it has or have ins with prime issuers at this point in my rebuilding journey.

Message 29 of 96
FicoNoobiski
Valued Member

Holy crap.  What a suprise.  After 2 years of using my secure card on a monthly Netflix subscription charge, I finally got a limit increase.  It went from the orginal $200 to $750.  I'm not sure, what actions caused it to increase.  About a month ago, I was asked to update my income information after logging on, which I've never noticed before.  I've also been using my American Express pretty heavy, so maybe they want a share of that.  And my Wells Fargo secure card, is actually due to graduate soon.  So far, a decent year, so long as I can pay down my American Express.

Message 30 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.