Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured Credit Card Denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Secured Credit Card Denial

I applied for their secured credit card in June of 2017 and got approved with a low credit score I think it was around 528 and I something came up to where I didn’t pay the 200 dollars , my fault I know , I applied again back at the beginning of the year and got denied and my credit score was higher than the first time , is it because i messed up the first time??
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Secured Credit Card Denial

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for their secured credit card in June of 2017 and got approved with a low credit score I think it was around 528 and I something came up to where I didn’t pay the 200 dollars , my fault I know , I applied again back at the beginning of the year and got denied and my credit score was higher than the first time , is it because i messed up the first time??

Welcome to the forums! 

Potentially, but I would wait for the denial letter.

If you really need a secured card, I suggest going for the Discover Secured card because it graduates after 8 statements. Or you could go for the Open Sky Secured Visa because it requires no credit check. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the fast Response , I currently have the Discover IT card now and I love it ! I just thought getting established with Capital one would be a good way to go as well.
Message 3 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

You must wait at least a year from the month the original account was COed before Cap-1 will even consider you for another card. Welcome to the board Smiley Happy  I would look to other lenders to get going as you need 3 open revolvers to help drive your Fico score.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

So should I apply again sometime soon, I havey discover secured card is 200 limit and I also have a credit one secured card with a 450 limit I was wanting one more to help all three FICO Scores are low 600s but way better than the beginning of the year 😀
Message 5 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
So should I apply again sometime soon, I havey discover secured card is 200 limit and I also have a credit one secured card with a 450 limit I was wanting one more to help all three FICO Scores are low 600s but way better than the beginning of the year 😀

For Cap-1 if the CO month is 11/17 then you would not app till 12/18 you need to put the real CO month in there. I would try to get in with a local CU or a national one that helps out rebuilders. Navy FCU is good if you can get in.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m sorry what’s CO? I’m slow lol
Message 7 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

So your saying bc I applied back in June got approved but never funded the card it’s considered a charge off?
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So your saying bc I applied back in June got approved but never funded the card it’s considered a charge off?

I don't think the previous poster meant that, OP. Smiley Happy

You will have to wait a couple of months to apply for a Capital One card because you never funded the previous one.

If you really want a secured card, I would get the Open Sky Secured Visa---it does not require a credit check.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.