Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Secured question

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Secured question

Lol. That's the best thing to do. Also. At about month 4. Go to their pre approval site. Just google it. 

To see if you pre approved or unsecured. If I says congratulations. Don't wait apply ASAP. 

I gave two cards with them is 8 months. My secured 1000dollars.unsecured quick silver 

3k since then. Got 8 other unsecured cards. Just got discover it last week. 

Take it slow. It will happen 

Message 11 of 22
Misstasha
Established Member

I opened a cap1 secured on 9/2012  I have gotten 3 cli's from them. I just started reading these forums and I did'nt know about utilization so I have always carried at least a 60% balance but have never been late. The way its been working for me is everytime I get within 50 $ dollars of maxing out they give me between 100-300 increase. After reading here I applied for a QS1 with them earlier this week and was approved.

Message 12 of 22
finallyfixingit
Regular Contributor

Thank you all for your advice. I will follow in your steps and let you know how it works out in the future. 

7/14 Scores: EQ- 576, TU- 589, EX- 567
3/7/15 Scores: EQ- 666, TU- 680, EX- 669

last app 3/11/15
Message 13 of 22
finallyfixingit
Regular Contributor

It's here. I know it is only a secured card, but it is the first credit card that I have had in more than 8 years. Now I just have to use it responsibly and wait for it to report.

last app 3/11/15
Message 14 of 22
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

I got increase 6 months to the day I activated card. Was shocked. As I had already sded the card. Still was a nice gesture from cap 1. Increase in secured. I said wow. 

It's my second oldest card. So I will leave it open. 

And just pay af. It's ok. 29 bucks.

I use mine often so I hope for the same thing. I made an increase to it myself and plan to do it again sometime next monht so I hope that doesn't mess up my chances.. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 15 of 22
taxi818
Super Contributor

They will for sure give you nice bump. I say. Don't add more until after your increase. To make it even number. Because. The moment they give you increase. You will be eligible for unsecured with cap 1. And they will give you. So the day I got my increase. I applied for quicksilver. Got 2k limit. Since then. 8 cards later. Hehehe all is good. Just take care of it.
Message 16 of 22
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:
They will for sure give you nice bump. I say. Don't add more until after your increase. To make it even number. Because. The moment they give you increase. You will be eligible for unsecured with cap 1. And they will give you. So the day I got my increase. I applied for quicksilver. Got 2k limit. Since then. 8 cards later. Hehehe all is good. Just take care of it.

I just checked, I've had it since April and my limit is 380$. I make two payments a month. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 17 of 22
taxi818
Super Contributor

Very good. Maybe add 120 to make even 500. Then see what they give. Only. 2 more months to go.
Message 18 of 22
finallyfixingit
Regular Contributor

@Whitneyy wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

I just checked, I've had it since April and my limit is 380$. I make two payments a month. 

Whitneyy at what points of the month do you make your payments?

last app 3/11/15
Message 19 of 22
taxi818
Super Contributor

No specific time. when i just had secured. was always aware of utilization. Example. 500 on card.

did not want to go over 30 percent. means. i can't spend more than 150 of that 500.

So when i hit say maybe 150 or 170.. i would pay 40 to 80 bucks. just to keep it low.

Then whatever i paid. i could use again.

this was always good. and they seemed to love all the attention i was giving the card.

Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.