Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One charge off removal success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One charge off removal success!

I have 3 Capital One charge offs...ugh. Two of the balances are still with capital one so I’m going to PFD those. The third one they sold the debt. I sent an email requesting they remove the charge off from my report on the one with they sold. It was a long shot, especially while I still owe money directly to them, but I just got an alert that the account was removed from Equifax! I haven’t heard back from capital one, but I’m going to count this as a success. We shall see if it comes off my other reports.
24 REPLIES 24
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One charge off removal success!

How old were thes COs?

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are all from June 2017.
Message 3 of 25
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Hope it sticks. Congrats.

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two accounts that capital one owns still will not delete. Only way those will get removed is if they sell those two. Most original creditors automatically remove the tradeline once they sell the debt, some upon request. Yours was the latter, anyways good luck with the rest!
Message 5 of 25
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

Congrats. Would you mind sharing the email info. Thanks!

Starting: TU:515, EX:521, EQ:528
Current: TU:700 EX:706 EQ:674
FICO Goal: 725
Cap1 Venture $11,000AU, First Progress $500, Cap1 QS $1750, FH$600, Open Sky $300, Cap1 $500, BestBuy $1500 Target $1800
Message 6 of 25
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

@cali_alli

Great job. Who was the debt sold to? Would also appreciate the email and company details; DM if needed.

Thanks

Message 7 of 25
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Also, what reason did you give for requesting the removal especially since you still owed money? Doesn’t sound like a PFD or am I mistaken?

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven’t gotten to letter yet. They called me on Friday but I don’t remember the name. Super respectful though. I might actually pay the full amount just because they were so considerate for a collection agency.
Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was wondering what reason you give them for successful removal. I reecently settle a big balance with capital one. 10k down to 5k settlement but they will not PFD or put paid agreed on when updating credit report. The guy was really nice but he said he couldn't PFD but told me it will update as settle in full or settle of balance . I use every reason and even beg him but he said we are required to update correctly and we aren't legally able to PFD.
He later indirectly hinting to me that after my settlement I can dispute the balance or account if there was an error and capital will have certain amount of time to reply to the dispute and if they don't reply then it can be remove from credit report. It seem to me is he was indirectly telling me to dispute this account after month or so of settling it because there a high chance capital one won't response to the dispute and it will be remove from CR since there is no response.
I might do it but still not sure but if there I'd any thing you might have said to then to help with your removal can you please advice Me thanks . My account is been charged off for 6 months and I've been with since 2016.
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.