Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One is Going to Delete My Late Payments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One is Going to Delete My Late Payments

I suggest to keep trying (as you all are). I honestly think it's just the luck of the draw so to speak in terms of who you get for the CSR. My CSR and I had something in common, which I believe is what worked in my favor to get the GW adjustment. Good luck to everyone!

Message 21 of 88
destiny36912
New Contributor

I'm chatting as we speak... wish me luck..its seems to be going well Smiley Very Happy  I think they want you to kiss there @ss!

UPDATE:  I'm in a battle, I've escalated to a supervisor.. I think their caving..lol

Starting Score: 651
Current Score: 677
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 22 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

@destiny36912 wrote:

@I'm chatting as we speak... wish me luck..its seems to be going well Smiley Very Happy  I think they want you to kiss there @Anonymous!

Hey, whatever works...Good luck!!!

Message 23 of 88
pakman92
Established Contributor

How you to initiated a chat?  I'm on Capital One website (and logged into credit card account) but, can't find the chat button.

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 24 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pakman92 wrote:

How you to initiated a chat?  I'm on Capital One website (and logged into credit card account) but, can't find the chat button.

Go under the "contact us" tab. It usually pops up then! GL!

Message 25 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE-

Just had a friend who also got his late payments removed just from using the online chat feature.  Also remember, in my situation I had paid on time every month except for 3 months when I lost my job.  So I brought that up when I was talking to them about removing them so I am sure that helped.

Message 26 of 88
Rain77
Frequent Contributor

Again, thanks Shaun.  The chat did work for me today.  My 2 lates were from 2007 & 2009 and have been ontime since. 

Last HP 8/29/14

Message 27 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE-

Just had a friend who also got his late payments removed just from using the online chat feature.  Also remember, in my situation I had paid on time every month except for 3 months when I lost my job.  So I brought that up when I was talking to them about removing them so I am sure that helped.

I think that helped me too. I had never been late except for 4 consecutuve months this past fall because of the issue I had with automatic payments.

Message 28 of 88
destiny36912
New Contributor

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE..

I battled with the Agent and then the Agent Supervisor. I was super super nice but firm. I wish I could post the entire conversation. Anywhoo it started with the usual niceties. After a five minute hold  the agent stated they could not remove lates after its' entered on your report. WHAT!!! I respectfully told him that this was not true, and he should reconsider as I am trying to purchase a house and I've been a loyal customer. I also felt that I was being treated unfairly because of recent goodwill extended to other customers... He apologized and stated he could not fix the situation and wished he could help. I thanked him for helping but asked to speak with a supervisor or he speak to his supervisor about the situation...

After another five minutes he came back and stated his supervisor reveiwed my file and could not remove lates because its a system issue? WHAT!!! So I asked to speak to the supervisor via phone while he remained on chat regarding his decision.. He decline and advised me he would transfer the chat to his Supervisor and gave me a generic number to call if I chose.. I said transfer chat to supervisor.. I extended further niceties to the supervisor. The supervisor repeated the same speal and said nothing could be done. I respectfully told him that this is not true and we need to figure out something to rectify the situation. I plainly told them, that this is my life and this situation is affecting it. He told me he understood my position and he would see what he could do.. He put me on "Chat Hold" again for another five minutes..

After the hold he asked if the lates were reported on all credit reports.. I told him yes they were EX, EQ, TRANS.. after another five minutes he came back and told me the lates should be removed as they are contacting each credit agency and they will send me a letter within 10days and I should expect an update to my report in 30 to 60 days. I told him this should not be a request to validate my lates, i've done this already. He told me this was not and I should expect a removal. He repeated update to your report with 30 to 60 days I asked for his agent I.D and printed the CHAT History. I'm still skeptical. I have to see it to believe it. I hope this is true..

Background

Customer for 8 years.

Last Late Two Years Ago

0 Balance on both cards.

I'd like to thank Shaun as well.. I wouldn't have attempted "chatting to remove lates" if it were not for her/his sucesss..  Thanks!!!

Starting Score: 651
Current Score: 677
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 29 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

Destiny,

Maybe it's just the people you're dealing with.  Maybe it's because it was over 2 years ago and the ones I just had removed were from a few months ago.  Maybe it's because you no longer have a balance on your card so they feel like they don't have to treat as well whereas I still carry a balance.  I don't know.  Also, until it says they're off on my credit reports I won't be jumping through the roof just yet.

However, I do have something to add.  While it will be nice to get my 30 or 60 day late payment removed, everything I've read says that these won't really hurt your credit score.  A 90-day late payment will definitely hurt it if that's what you have.  It will also hurt it if someone is 30 or 60 days late but they're still past due and haven't made those payments so they're current and paid.  Luckily, you don't have to worry about that because you're currently carrying a 0 balance.

So unless all of the sites I've read have gleamed information from one another, I wouldn't about a couple of late payments.  However, if they're reporting as 90 days late I can see why you definitely want them off.  Good Luck

Message 30 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.