Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One is Going to Delete My Late Payments

tag
destiny36912
New Contributor

Re: Capital One is Going to Delete My Late Payments

I'm not sure what the key is here or if the removed lates will help my score. I'm just happy I didn't give up on the first "no" we can't do this for you". I was persistent and it gave me a chance to plead my case further to the point they are contacting the CRAs for me. All I can do is wait for the letter and updates to my credit report.. and hopefully I'll get a boost in my score.. I'm trying everything I can right now to prepare myself to purchase a home.. The chat took about 45min+ but if it generates positive movement on my credit report it would've been worth it.. Good Luck to you as well and I'll be sure to update with my success. #thinkingpositive.

Also, I just paid my cards down to a 0 Balance about a month 1/2 ago..

Starting Score: 651
Current Score: 677
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 31 of 88
Rain77
Frequent Contributor

So to update this Smiley Sad  Cap ! DID NOT delete the lates.  The rep said they would, but I got a notice in the mail stating they are reporting correctly, blah, blah, blah.  Ohwell, may be they will mysteriously disappear.

Last HP 8/29/14

Message 32 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rain77 wrote:

So to update this Smiley Sad  Cap ! DID NOT delete the lates.  The rep said they would, but I got a notice in the mail stating they are reporting correctly, blah, blah, blah.  Ohwell, may be they will mysteriously disappear.

I would call CapOne. I got a similar letter after being verbally told on the phone that my lates would be deleted. I called CapOne immediately. The CSR confirmed that they had, in fact, disputed the lates to the CRAs. It seems the letter was from another CSR in response to my GW letter (i.e., not my phone call). Good luck!

Message 33 of 88
Rain77
Frequent Contributor

Thanks.  I didn't have any other correspondence with Cap1, so may be they are gone?  He did say they would be deleted, and he will put in the dispute with the CRA's.  So may be he deleted, but the letter is standard from the dispute. 

Last HP 8/29/14

Message 34 of 88
destiny36912
New Contributor

Also given similar response after told it would be removed after 30 -45 days.. I think  its been about that long or the time is coming up.. In any event I'm going to follow up.. How shady!!!!!Woman Frustrated

But I got success with LVNV!!! Yeah

Message 35 of 88
destiny36912
New Contributor

Well I contacted Capital One and they told me they did disputed with the CRAs and I should wait 60 days to have this information updated. At this point I don't care.. I have about 2 years of on time payments, so I'm ok.. I just hope Capital One makes good on their communication with me.

Message 36 of 88
wilsoga1
Valued Member

Just got off the online chat with Capital One to have a 30 day late from April 2011 removed...I was told that they will have it removed, so we'll see if it happens or not!

I've sent quite a few GWs, with no success, so hopefully this will work! 

Starting Score: 505 1/15/12
Current Score: 745 6/20/16
Goal Score: 750

Message 37 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you PM me the #,

Message 38 of 88
Lasardo
Established Contributor

I would rely on Persistance
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 39 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was told they would be removed and had the same letter sent. The executive office said they will no longer respond to my request (1yr) of sending GW letters.
Message 40 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.