Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One is Going to Delete My Late Payments

tag
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One is Going to Delete My Late Payments

You may want to read the previous posts on this thread.
I have seen other people say the exact same thing .."while on chat they agreed to remove" but then cap1 does not remove!!
I would send in a copy of the transcript to the CB AND cap1 and see what happens.
Hopefully cap1 will honor their word and if not the CB can do something.
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 61 of 88
Established Member

Apologies for reviving an old thread. But it is still relevant to an issue I have today. I had  a situation where I have 4 consecutive lates being reported on 3 capital one cards I have.

The CSR actually refunded my late fees on all 3 cards and I gave him a really good reason which had to do with an automatic payments option. Before then the account was always blow 7% and paid in full for the past 2 years.

So I am now waiting 60 days and hoping my situation isnt like everyone elses. Though the odds might be slim, at least I had my late fees refunded.

EQ: 685 TU: TBD
EX: TBD
Goal:

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 62 of 88
Established Member

I wound up with 60 day lates on 3 cards.

Goal:

Message 63 of 88
Focker69
Regular Contributor

I recently called the Executive Customer service number and it appears that they have implemented a new process now. I'm quite confused. They supervisor indicated that they were going to send in the notes along with a dispute request to the credit bureaus and we'll see how they respond. I asked "Aren't you the furnisher of information? Don't they do what you tell them  to?" He gave me some run around. I am not sure what this really means. Has anyone else encountered this?

I asked him to speak to a supervisor and they came back and said since the notes are going to state that the reason why it was late was because I did not receive a statement (first time using the card, signed up for paperless and it went into spam) and when that happens, they typically remove the late payment.

I've never heard of that. Has anyone else encountered this?

Hoping to hit 700 soon!
Message 64 of 88
apriestl
Established Member

I talked with cap one online 4 months ago about a couple lates listed a over a year ago. On chat they submitted a dispute, or so they say. The dispute was with them not the CRAs. I got a letter from cap one saying they verified the lates. I tried again with CEO Fairbanks because I thought I had a legitimate acct issue with payment protection but got the same response only by phone and mail. I just gave up at that point :-(
EQ 544 6/20/13, TU 588 6/20/13, EX?
EQ 619 9/24/13, TU 635 9/24/13 EX?
Goal: 700 across
Message 65 of 88
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

In my opinion, this is a dirty tactic that Cap One uses. They know that people are requesting GW's and in the name of " good customer service' they appease you by submitting a dispute.  They should just be more straight forward like most places and say they dont perform GW adjustments. Its dishonest to submit a dispute when that isnt what is being requested.

Message 66 of 88
jbrown773
Contributor

Would Capt1 fix a kohls 30day late seeing kohls uses capt1? i GW Kohls and they responded with the we report...

Starting Score: EQ FICO 582, TU 614, EX 528 9/13
Current Score: EQ FICO 648, TU 678, EX 663
Goal Score: 700

Message 67 of 88
Lasardo
Established Contributor

As of today I have 13 inquiry's form capital one when there should only be 2 from when I applied. They are all listed differently so as to not notice them..such as: cap1, capital one bank etc., These are hard inquiries too. I have tried EVERYTHING to get them removed without prevailing.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Message 68 of 88
Established Member

Be it as it may, the representative still granted reimbursement of my late fees associated with my capital one account.

Even if the GW letter doesnt fall through,I'd still have a credit on late fees

Goal:

Message 69 of 88
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Jbrown:
Kohls is great at removing items, I got 3 inquiry's removed by GW, have you contacted them directly? I'm afraid contacting cap1 will get you no where.

The address used to contact kohls was:

Kohls/Capone
N56 W 17000
Ridge wood drive
Menominee falls, wi 53051
Message 70 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.