Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One is Going to Delete My Late Payments

tag
vincenta
New Visitor

Re: Capital One is Going to Delete My Late Payments

Shuan2012 how is it going? I have a Discover student loan that I was 60 days late in 2009 but I have had perfect payment history after that. I was late because I stopped being full time in school and it started my student loan payments early. I have been speaking with Discover reps and supervisors about this situation for the past 2 years and have been unscucessful every single time! Do you happen to have some advice to give me?

Message 71 of 88
vincenta
New Visitor

Shuan2012 how is it going? I have a Discover student loan that I was 60 days late in 2009 but I have had perfect payment history after that. I was late because I stopped being full time in school and it started my student loan payments early. I have been speaking with Discover reps and supervisors about this situation for the past 2 years and have been unscucessful every single time! Do you happen to have some advice to give me??

Message 72 of 88
psjhvac79
New Contributor

Can someone one please send me the info to GW CapOne? Pretty please?
Message 73 of 88
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

I am rlooking for this number too! Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Bridget

Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 74 of 88
cutekidsinc
Established Member

I would appreciate the number as well. I have four Cap One accounts with a couple of lates on each.

Thanks,

Joanne

Message 75 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1

Bumping this up to see if anything was resolved? I just followed this process today - I went through the Online Chat feature and talked to a CSR about having a goodwill adjustment to remove 1 30-day late from Sept 2012.

I did receive the disclaimer "Please note that by submitting this request, we can not guarantee that any action will take place but we can make this request on your behalf." and upon further prodding, I finally got the agent to let me know that she was filing a credit bureau dispute on my behalf. I told her that I didn't want to dispute it; I affirm that the late is real and reporting correctly, but that I would like the company to remove because it is within their power.

I eventually agreed after she said that Capital One will submit a request on my behalf to the credit bureaus to have the late payment history on the account removed. This sounded a lot better... but I am still leery. I printed a copy of the chat transcript for my records.

Has anyone had actual success with a negative removed from their credit report by means of CSR/company initiated credit bureau dispute?

Thanks in advance!

Message 76 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is a while back but were you able to get that late payment removed?

Message 77 of 88
Cheshiregrl
Contributor

I did the same thing with chat and a week later I got the letter that verified the late and doesn't look like they attempted to contact the cra.

Starting Score:MyFico EQ 651 6/14
MyFico TU 676 7/14
MyFico EX 670 8/14
Current 3-bureau score watch 3/15:EQ 736 EX 687 TU 783
Message 78 of 88
rapprt
Established Member

I was just on the phone with superviser and she said that they would not remove the lates, but they would mail a credit dispute letter to the crerdit bureaus.  I'm not sure if I should say yes to this, or write the letter myself.  Any suggestions?

Message 79 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, new to ths thread. Trying to get Cap One to delete 2 late payments. I did not see the chat window you were talking about. Can you be more specific please Smiley Happy 

Message 80 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.