Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One is Going to Delete My Late Payments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One is Going to Delete My Late Payments

I have 3 late payment with Capital One.  All in consecutive months from last fall.  Anyway, I just started my credit repair today and they said they'll get them deleted by all 3 of the credit bureaus.  I am not sure how much late payments affect my credit score as I am new to all of this, but I'll take it, especially since they're my only late payments on the report.

Message 1 of 88
87 REPLIES 87
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One is Going to Delete My Late Payments

How did you do it?

BK: 7 filed 3/31/12 - Discharged 6/27/12
Made some poor choices and life snowballed
BK: 13 filed 7/29/16 - on a 36th month time out
No CC - No Loans - Student Loans all current.
Message 2 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went on the chat line, they then gave me a number to call for past due/collections account.  I talked to a nice young lady and politely asked her if she could do it for me.  It took about 20 minutes of waiting, but she eventually got back to me and confirmed that they have sent the request to all 3 credit bureaus and that it should be completed quickly.  It's funny what happens when you're nice to people.  I know that being kind doesn't always work, but everyone would rather talk to someone polite on the phone than someone mean spirited.  I really let her know that I was being a big headache and how much I appreciated the work she did for me.  She laughed.  I laughed.  Happy days ahead!

Message 3 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same experience today! I called the customer service line, spoke with a really nice woman, who said she would dispute my last few late payments to the CRAs for me. I was in complete shock especially after hearing all of the horrible experiences others have had with CapOne. Actually, take that back, I think I'm still in shock Smiley Surprised

Message 4 of 88
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

Would you mind PMing me the phone number you used?  My DF has called several of the "backdoor" numbers on the forums with no luck at all - none of them even seem to understand what he's asking them when he says, "My credit report shows I had a late payment 2.5 years ago, it's the only late payment showing on any of my accounts at all - would it be possible to adjust the reporting to reflect that I wasn't late (since I'm not even sure I was)?"  

They all tell him his account is current and up to date... Then they transfer him repeatedly lol

Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 5 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol. I just PM the # I used. Good luck!

Message 6 of 88
pakman92
Established Contributor

i would love to have that # as well, please.

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 7 of 88
rogersave
Regular Contributor

I would love that number as well. Thanks!
Equifax 712 transunion 693experian 673
Chase freedom 500 Chase United explorer 5000 Discover IT 13000 AMEX PRG npsl AMEX BCE 6000 CSP 12000.AMEX ED 15000 Citi Simplicity 7000
Message 8 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the deletion.  Can you PM me the number too please?  I have called once and sent to GW letter with no luck yet.

Message 9 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too need the number urgently.

Message 10 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.