Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One is Going to Delete My Late Payments

can someome plz pm the # to call

Message 81 of 88
tufa4311
Established Contributor

While there are many numbers to call, emails to email, and webchats to chat in the end it's simply about getting the right person at the right time for the right issue.

I had a 30-day removed by calling the number on the back of my card and without going to a supervisor, the first responder did it for me. It took months of calling mind you, but it worked.

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
758 TU FICO 08 (01/12/2016)
753 TU FICO 08 (11/21/2015)
740: EQ Score Power (Beacon 5.0) FICO 04 (01/23/2015)
755 TU FICO 08 (01/21/2015)
652 TU Lender Pull (06/10/2014)
665 TU FICO 08 (05/21/2014)
Goal: 800+
Message 82 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please message me the phone number! Congrats on getting them removed!!!!
Message 83 of 88
vincenta
New Visitor

For anyone having a hard time getting any capital one late payments removed here is what you do. You call the number on the back of your card and set up AUTOMATIC PAYMENTS in your account. You can set your automatic payments to your minimum payment each month. Once this is completed ask to be transferred to the HARDSHIP DEPARTMENT. Once you get transferred ask for a SUPERVISOR right away. Once you get the supervisor this is when you plead your case. Explain to them that your trying to get a HOME MORTGAGE (even if your not trying to get one and if you have a mortgage already say that your trying to REFINANCE for a lower rate) and that these late payments being reported are keeping your score from getting to where it needs to be. tell the supervisor that the payment was accidentally mailed without any postage or any other clever thing you can think of. Explain to them that you just enrolled in auto pay and that this type of thing will never happen again. At this point the supervisor should agree to remove the late payment. If for some reason this does not work ask for the supervisors name and call back at a later time and try again. Don't let the first no discourage you call back and try again until it's removed. You can also do this online by going to the live chat but you must be logged into your account before you see that feature in the top right corner. If you don't see it click support or help and it will show up. If I capitalized something that means it's important so don't forget that step. I have gotten over 20 late payments removed for friends, family, and clients using this method. I would also recommend using this same method for other companies as well.
Message 84 of 88
vincenta
New Visitor

For anyone having a hard time getting any capital one late payments removed here is what you do. You call the number on the back of your card and set up AUTOMATIC PAYMENTS in your account 800-955-7070. You can set your automatic payments to your minimum payment each month. Once this is completed ask to be transferred to the HARDSHIP DEPARTMENT. Once you get transferred ask for a SUPERVISOR right away. Once you get the supervisor this is when you plead your case. Explain to them that your trying to get a HOME MORTGAGE (even if your not trying to get one and if you have a mortgage already say that your trying to REFINANCE for a lower rate) and that these late payments being reported are keeping your score from getting to where it needs to be. tell the supervisor that the payment was accidentally mailed without any postage or any other clever thing you can think of. Explain to them that you just enrolled in auto pay and that this type of thing will never happen again. At this point the supervisor should agree to remove the late payment. If for some reason this does not work ask for the supervisors name and call back at a later time and try again. Don't let the first no discourage you call back and try again until it's removed. You can also do this online by going to the live chat but you must be logged into your account before you see that feature in the top right corner. If you don't see it click support or help and it will show up. If I capitalized something that means it's important so don't forget that step. I have gotten over 20 late payments removed for friends, family, and clients using this method. I would also recommend using this same method for other companies as well.
Message 85 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried 3 times to get Cap One to remove a late payment.  Every time they tell me this is not allowed.  They even said it was against the law because of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.  I've never been late before and haven't been since, always pay more than the minimum.  I don't understand why they won't help me.

Message 86 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will try the hardship roue but I've been trying to close to 8 months with no luck either with calling or writing.  I actually got told by a supervisor that they had no mechanism in place to remove the late payments and that I had to call the CRA to get them to remove it  which is b.s.

Message 87 of 88
rMayer
Established Member

I would love the # you used as well! Please DM me if you get a chance Smiley Happy 

Message 88 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.