Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One reported late but said they would remove

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One reported late but said they would remove

Hello,

I was late paying the annual fee for my Venture card since I never used it and completely forgot.  They waived the late fee for me and said they would remove the 30days late.  I tried to apply for the Apple card since my score was recently ~750 but was denied due to being late on this card.  Is there any way for me to expedite the removal? My score dropped almost 100 points! I'm so angry at myself for letting this happen.

Will the removal cause my score to go back up or am I back to square one trying to slowly fix this?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One reported late but said they would remove

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I was late paying the annual fee for my Venture card since I never used it and completely forgot.  They waived the late fee for me and said they would remove the 30days late.  I tried to apply for the Apple card since my score was recently ~750 but was denied due to being late on this card.  Is there any way for me to expedite the removal? My score dropped almost 100 points! I'm so angry at myself for letting this happen.

Will the removal cause my score to go back up or am I back to square one trying to slowly fix this?

Thanks!

Hello, First if they agreed to remove it i would wait because 1 thing capital one is not known for is removing late payments. Secondly if it is your only negative you should receive your lost points back.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok great, thanks.  Ya, I haven't had a late payment in years, I just completely forgot this card has an annual fee and haven't used it in a while, so stupid on my part.

1 thing capital one is not known for is removing late payments

I'm not understanding this, sorry, does this mean they typically don't do it or they do?

Message 3 of 4
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

They don’t usually do it. There has been a lot of people on here that have tried and failed.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.