Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One still report as late .....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One still report as late .....

Hi,

Does anyone know why Capital still report me as late even when I am paying the collection (Portfolio recovery).  Capital One sold to collection agency and they took me to court.  But I had settled with payment plans and pay every month.  But in my credit report, capital one still report me as late current.

How can I get capital one stop report or removed? does anyone have successfully removed it or stop them? can they still report even im paying the collection agency?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Capital One still report as late .....

Are you sure they sold?

There is a chance CA is only collecting on behalf of CapOne, without owning the debt, in which case both would be reporting, and reporting would be correct. 

You might want call CapOne and find out from them if that's the case. 

If PRA indeed owns the debt, CapOne balance should be $0.00, all negative info stays, it doesnt get removed once account is forwarded for collections 

I'm not sure what do you mean by "reporting you late".  Is the charge off updating? 

You wont be able to get a CO from Cap One removed. 

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick reply.

What I mean is that Capital One still report me as being late every month to the credit report.  Yes only Capital still report not the collection agency.  

I'm not sure if the Agency owned the debt, but they took me to court and having payment arrangement with them.  I do not see any report from them in the credit history only with Capital one.

What should i tell Capital one and also, should they be stop reporting if Im paying them monthly as payment arrangement?

Thanks

Message 3 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Just to help @Remedios . Is Portfolio anywhere on your credit reports at all?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No sir!...I have all 3 credit report and i dont see Portfolio at all.

Message 5 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Like @Remedios posted above. Cap One still owns the debt and Portfolio is collecting on their behalf. So yes Cap1 can report a balance of whats left as its paid down. The lates should have stopped after your court date since you came to an agreement. Remmy will see my ping and correct me of I got it wrong.

Message 6 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Capital One will continue reporting till debt is fully satisfied. 

"Late" in your report refers to delinquency that led to charge off, and "current" refers to you meeting your current payment plan obligations. 

They have to report each month, it's not out of spite, because they are legally obligated to keep account data correct.

So, as your balance changes, they report it. 

Reporting will stop once balance reaches $0.00 and final update is provided.

Once balance reaches $0.00, it will take two consecutive months of updates and after that it should be nothing but the crickets 

Message 7 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Capital One will continue reporting till debt is fully satisfied. 

"Late" in your report refers to delinquency that led to charge off, and "current" refers to you meeting your current payment plan obligations. 

They have to report each month, it's not out of spite, because they are legally obligated to keep account data correct.

So, as your balance changes, they report it. 

Reporting will stop once balance reaches $0.00 and final update is provided.

Once balance reaches $0.00, it will take two consecutive months of updates and after that it should be nothing but the crickets 

+1 Thanks Bud!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for the help.  I'll call capital one and ill let everyone know what's their response.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.