cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One will only approve me for store cards?

tag
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One will only approve me for store cards?

That's bonkers. I wish I understood why. Most folks seem to be getting in within 12-18 months after discharge, and many it in a lot sooner. Have you tried calling? Does the denial say previous relationship?

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine said basically this "Previous accounts with Capital One" -- so the question is, how long do they blacklist for? Hopefully not forever.. Smiley Sad

Message 22 of 26
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

Nah definitely not forever. Give it 6 mos and work on your scores in the mean time. Try prequal again.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wanted to let you and everyone else know that I just got approved for the Walmart Mastercard and they wouldn't have anything to do with me on their website. This time is just Googled Walmart store card, logged into Walmart account, hit apply, filled out the info and once I verified ID, got instant approval. You might try that as a way back in! 

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores were all below 525 and I got approved for 2 of their cards. A secure and a QS.

Message 25 of 26
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

As you are now back in with Cap-1 this thread is closed to further comment. Commenting can now be made in your new thread

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Capital-One-decided-they-love-me-again/td-p/...

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.