Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One

I recently submitted 2 GW letters to Capital One for the same month regarding 2 open accounts I have with them. I received several denial letters and then my last 2 letters stated they would remove the one (30 day) late payment from each. I've since been checking the credit bureaus online to see if anything is different. I now see the January payment removed as late from both, but then it says Feb late, and one of my other cards, they put late payments on there from 2016, & 2017! I don't know since it's only been about 2 weeks if I should just see what each of the bureaus may change before I contact Cap One regarding the Feb late payment as inaccurate. I guess I am just confused as to why they'd add late payment reporting- and the Feb month is inaccurate at that...any advice would be helpful! Other than pay my payments on time and I wouldn't have run into this mess to begin with! 

2 REPLIES 2
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One

Not sure about the February late, are you sure it wasn't late?

As for the old lates, that's the danger in GW requests...they go back and manually review the account, and while they may grant you your request, they could also add in late payments that fell through the cracks and weren't originally reporting...nothing you can do about those if they're accurate. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One

Cap1 is great about 2nd chances and approving people that others wouldnt touch. But when it comes time to forgive. Not so much. One of the pitfalls from GW's. Just like CRA disputes. They can backfire. At most in over 4 yrs on here. Theres maybe 4-6 successful GW from them. Usually from cicumstances that warrant a GW. Otherwise its a no go. You can keep trying. But dont get your hopes up too much. Good luck!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.