Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one Menards late payment 13 months ago

tag
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Capital one Menards late payment 13 months ago

Has anyone had any success in getting a 30 day late fee removed from Capitol One? This is a store card, for Menards, issued by Capitol One.

I had one 30 day late payment in Feb. 2018 that I fixed and got it paid and have not been late since.

When I called to ask them if they would remove it, they said they can't do that. They said they wish they could help me, but don't have any way of changing it.

I tried online disputes, but always come back as verified. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital one Menards late payment 13 months ago

Disputing correct info wont get you anywhere with the CRA's they consider it frivolous. Cap1 isnt known for GW success unfortunately.

Message 2 of 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

Has anyone had any success in getting a 30 day late fee removed from Capitol One? This is a store card, for Menards, issued by Capitol One.

I had one 30 day late payment in Feb. 2018 that I fixed and got it paid and have not been late since.

When I called to ask them if they would remove it, they said they can't do that. They said they wish they could help me, but don't have any way of changing it.

I tried online disputes, but always come back as verified. 

I would not expend too much energy on that one late, as you still have other delinquencies present (BK if I remember correctly).  Even if removed, you would not see much, if anything, scoring wise. 

I'd leave it alone. 

Message 3 of 4
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Yep still with the BK from October 2016

Got all the credit cards down to 0

Have car loan, student loans, creditBuilder loan 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.