cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one auto finance completely removed from eq?????? Help.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one auto finance completely removed from eq?????? Help.

Hello all, 

I have been disputing late payments and requested an executive office goodwill on an auto account with 8 30 day late pays across all 3 bureaus. It looks like equifax is the first to update. I am very confused because I got a notification from equifax monitoring about a change and it looks like my capital one auto account was completely removed from my report..... I am not sure why that was or what happened. Equifax was the first to report so I am wondering if this may happen across all bureaus and I do not understand why it was removed? Any insight would be great! 

thanks! 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital one auto finance completely removed from eq?????? Help.

Never know with Cap1. If it sticks. Its a rare moment on here. Or it could have been removed and updated and show back up. Flip a coin. Hope its heads. Good luck!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I have disputed the negatives for a few months now and discussed goodwills multiple times and each time it just says verified by credit grantor but never fully removed. I still owe on the loan as well which is why I was confused. We shall see

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What was your basis for dispute?  Are they not valid?  You are only supposed to dispute inaccuracies.  Disputing and asking for goodwill are two different things.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am aware of the differences. The disputes were due to it being a joint account that they would not let me remove an ex off of the auto loan. I co-signed for her and would pay the balance when I would be notified of it being late. 4 of the payments report as 30 days past due but they were fees not true payments past due so they were correcting that and goodwilling the rest. Basically she was in possession of the car never paid I would end up paying when I would get notice. I requested 7-8 times that I receive a written statement and I never received one from them as they just kept it on e statements sent to her. Eventually I took over the account and the car is in my possession. It was a mess but they agreed to goodwill for the other lates that reported correctly and now noticed the entire account removed from my equifax report. Not sure why that would happen as I still owe $9k on the loan?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous hey!! I figured I would provide an update after speaking to them. It seems it was a result of both the dispute and the goodwill. They are removing a few based on goodwill and the rest from an internal error. They removed it from my credit to place it back on there with a clean record. 5 of which were found to actually be an error with how things were coded. Wanted to say thank you and give you an update! 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.