Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one charged off remove?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one charged off remove?

I was wondering if anyone have any experience with removing a charged off account for deletion ? I attempted a Goodwill letter and was deny . A representative gave me a call two days later after sending an Goodwill email to one of the capital one executive person . The capital one representative just told me the rules that they aren't allow to remove any reporting if it is accurate and it will could stay on report for 7-10 years .

Wondering what would be the next step since the good will letter got rejected . Do I continue sending another goodwill letter few months later ? Do I send it to another executive member ? If Anyone have it remove successful ..please kindly share your advice thanks
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital one charged off remove?

Cap1 is not known to recon nor remove CO's. You can try again but it may be the same results. Sorry. Its very very rare.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

What should I do? After settling with capital one account and was told that it will be update on my credit report. It's been nearly 1.5 months....over 7 weeks and still haven't been update yet. I even got a letter stating the settlement . Should I reach out to them again since everytime I reach out they said it will be update it. Seem like they aren't taking my update seriously .

Or should I dispute the chargeoff with my credit report and high chance capital one won't response and it will be remove since they won't response ? I'm assuming they won't response bc they haven't update my settlement and Everytime I call they said it will but its past the time frame they told me that it will be update . Anyone have experience with capital one on what I should do ? Thanks
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey!
I was able to get my Capital One CO removed from 2016 through a handwritten dispute. All I said was this account was promised to be "Pay for deletion, but it's showings on your report still. It has been deleted from all other Bureaus except yours! Please remove and update my Credit Report"

Not sure if it was luck or skills. Lol 😂 But also since you have the settlement letter include that with your dispute which proves the charge off is in an "Inaccurate" status, which should prompt the Bureaus to delete it.

Good luck!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.