Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one goodwill adjustment letter 2020

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one goodwill adjustment letter 2020

Just want to let everyone know there’s still hope.

Back in 2016 I got laid off from my job and ended up missing 3 payments on my capital one card.

I sent out about 10 goodwill adjustment letters and three emails. They went to the CEO and several other high up employees at capital one, as well as the capital one executive office.

About a week later I got a call from a lady from the capital one executive office and told me she was looking into my request and asked me a few questions about what caused me to miss the payments. Was about a 5 minute phone call.

Well yesterday 1/31/2020 I got a call back and was told that they would be granting my request to remove my late payments and that she had updated their system and I should see the changes on my credit report with in 30days.

I’m praying for a big bump on my scores! But just wanted to share that goodwill adjustment letters are still working!
55 REPLIES 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one goodwill adjustment letter 2020

That’s great! Thank you for sharing your story. Congratulations on your adjustment! Good luck to you!
Message 2 of 56
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your success!

Message 3 of 56
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Nice. Congrats!

Message 4 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

About a week later I got a call from a lady from the capital one executive office and told me she was looking into my request and asked me a few questions about what caused me to miss the payments. Was about a 5 minute phone call.

Well yesterday 1/31/2020 I got a call back and was told that they would be granting my request to remove my late payments and that she had updated their system and I should see the changes on my credit report with in 30days.

Congratulations on being brave enough to answer an unknown number on your phone! I get robocalled to death, if you're not in my contacts I'm not answering. Oh, congrats on the GW too!

Message 5 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your success they wouldn't budge for me.

Message 6 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is awesome news you give me hope.
Message 7 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’d keep trying and keep sending out letters. I’ve read quite a bit that it depends on the rep that gets it. I lucked out and got it done on my first try
Message 8 of 56
Azuieldrago
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations on being brave enough to answer an unknown number on your phone! I get robocalled to death, if you're not in my contacts I'm not answering. Oh, congrats on the GW too!

I get the same. Hate those calls. Luckily everyone knows to text me. Although it does make it harder when a business call is needed.

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC

INQUIRES

Store Cards
Message 9 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you message me the email address you used? Thank you

Message 10 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.