Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one goodwill

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one goodwill

Anyone have any recent success with capital one goodwill removal? I have one 30 day late reporting in 01/19 for an auto account and one 30 day late reporting 2/19 for a credit card account. I haven't gotten them to budge!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one goodwill

Keep trying but it’s unlikely they will. CapOne is notoriously difficult to achieve any GW success.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently wrote a goodwill letter to the CEO and MY 30 day late was removed from my credit reports today.

However, I did make a payment on time, but my  bank did not process the payment and Cap one said my payment was returned.

I detailed my situation and emailed them last week and today I found the 30 day late payment was removed.

With the removal, my FICO score increased by almost 50 points.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently wrote a goodwill letter to the CEO and MY 30 day late was removed from my credit reports today.

However, I did make a payment on time, but my  bank did not process the payment and Cap one said my payment was returned.

I detailed my situation and emailed them last week and today I found the 30 day late payment was removed.

With the removal, my FICO score increased by almost 50 points.

Was Richard D. Fairbank who you emailed?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. I sent it to mr. Fairbank. I have tried twice so far. Someone different called back both times and both sent them to be reviewed. However both times they called back and said they wouldn't do it.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes. I sent it to mr. Fairbank. I have tried twice so far. Someone different called back both times and both sent them to be reviewed. However both times they called back and said they wouldn't do it.

Your persistence paid off!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.