Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapitalOne GW Letters - send or wait?

tag
myquestionsfico
Regular Contributor

CapitalOne GW Letters - send or wait?

So, I had previously had some 30/60/90/120 lates back in 2013/2014/2015 that have mostly fallen off from both Experian and TransUnion.  All that is left on any of my reports are:

TransUnion - 1 total 30-day late (May 2016)

Experian - 1 total 30-day late (May 2016)

Equifax - 4 total lates (Jan 2015 - 90 days late, Feb 2015 - 120 days late, March 2015 - 120 days late, May 2016 - 30 days late)

So TU and Exp are pretty solid, while 3 lates from Equifax will fall off in the next few months (I would love to accelerate, but can wait on these, as I know Equifax won't budge on EE).

All that said, I will have to wait a while (essentially, til May 2023) for the 30-day on all 3 bureaus.  I'm anxious to get it off, because it will be the FINAL item in my rebuild.

I've written GW letters to CapOne a number of times (to the CEO, etc.), and they've called to tell me that they evaluated the situation, but won't remove.  I'm trying to figure out next steps.  Do I keep pushing, and is there a down side?  Not sure this is impacting me all that much, after all this time, but I do want to buy a house in the coming year if possible, so I could use some guidance, input from the experts!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
myquestionsfico
Regular Contributor

Re: CapitalOne GW Letters - send or wait?

One additional thought - wondering if maybe CapitalOne would reconsider just removing the May 2016 30-day late.  The others were due to financial hardship.  That one was solely because I thought I had automatic payments turned on, and it turns out I had erroneously turned them off by accident.  It was totally on me, but not intentional in any way.  Hoping maybe I could call and talk to a rep and make a case for that one time miss?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.