Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapitalOne Goodwill- Won't budge!

tag
pakman92
Established Contributor

Re: CapitalOne Goodwill- Won't budge!

capital one GW late removal is a rare breed indeed. my DW has been trying for last 2 years with GW letters every month to 6 different addresses we've gathered no luck so far.  What's frustrating is that even thogh she clearly says that she's not disputing the lat payments, the robots at Cap One always creates a dispute and sends out the form letter OP mentions.

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 11 of 17
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

Here is what I posted yesterday......I did it...CapOne gave me the deletion!!

I have been withholding information because I wanted to see it thru but CapOne caved.  I had the printed transcript of the chat conversation where the associate said that he would remove the single 30 day late I had.  The phone associate shot me down so I emailed the conversation to the fake CEO email.  The same nice girl called me the VERY NEXT MORNING....and said she would investigate it.  She asked if there was anything else she could do for me and I asked her for another CLI from $500 to $1k.  She said she would check it out and get back to me.

Two days later I noticed my CL increase on my online acct page and then early last week she said that that their associate did not have the ability to promise such a thing , however he did say that, and they decided that it was the right thing to do would be to delete the late mark.  She also empathized that this was NOT a GW gesture but a good business decision.......and I agreed!

I just checked my credit report with www.eliminateidtheft.com because I knew Cap1 reports on the 11th and Experian not only showed the CapOne gone but also a SunTrust single late was also gone and voila 58 point increase albeit FAKO.  I'll wait a few more days until I see them gone from TU and EX show it gone and I'll check my real scores.  Or I'll wait and if SW doesn't send me an alert I will drop them like a hot potato!

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 12 of 17
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

here's what it took to get that deletion......

3 emails to the fake CEO email address (google Capital One CEO email address). GRACIOUSLY DENIED. 1 letter to the address on my credit report.  RUBBER STAMP DENIED. 1 chat session on Cap1's own website.  ACCEPTED!  Two weeks later recieved a letter overriding said chat session.  DENIED!  Called phone number on denial letter. DENIED.  Emailed transcript of said chat session to aforementioned fake CEO email address resulting in the doubling of my CLI and ACCEPTED REQUEST TO DELETE!!

To be honest I felt somewhat guilty.  They did give me a CC with a low score of 584 and subsequently also gave me 2 CLIs within 3 months of each other.  But that deletion and the aging off of a TL with one 30 day late gave me a sweeeeeeeeet buzz....I mean bump!  I'm sure my guilt will subside after a short while.  Wait for it............wait for it....... Ok I'm good!

Starting Score:

Message 13 of 17
jmc912
Valued Member

That's awesome!!

Don't feel guilty at all... what they report doesn't help/hurt them in anyway and now chances are you will be more loyal to them. I will try to email. I wish they came up with a system where you could just pay a set amount of money to remove late payments haha ($30 for 30 days... etc.)

They are tough, but you just gave me some hope... I will keep trying! Did the online chat rep say they would delete it for you or did they just say they would file a dispute?

Message 14 of 17
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

No he clearly said he would have it deleted.  I asked him more than once and I printed the transcript of our conversation.  They also keep transcripts of all conversations by their chat representatives so to say they didn't know this was going on would not be, in their words not mine, accurate.  I think my printed transcript was in deed the "smoking gun" and legal said to make him go away...  It wasn't like I was asking for a $50,000 CLI.  I was just asking for a late to be deleted.

Starting Score:

Message 15 of 17
jmc912
Valued Member

Thanks!! I'll keep trying... It wil be like chat roulette just trying to get the right person! 

Message 16 of 17
LLMT
Regular Contributor

I was able to get a 30 day late removed (and a CLI!) through the FB pg/EO. Mine was actually paid on time but the ACH was returned and not re-presented. (And the return was actually not my fault, for once, so I had many things going for me.) They told me no, and a few minutes later I decided to call back and ask for a CLI at least , but before I could ask about that, the rep said he wanted to try and see if there was anything they could do. A few days later, it was removed.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.