Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapitalOne Goodwill- Won't budge!

tag
jmc912
Valued Member

CapitalOne Goodwill- Won't budge!

I have a card with Capital One, it's current and in good standing. I opened it in 2007 and since then have had one late payment (30 days) in December 2008. 

I cannot get them to remove it! I sent them a GW letter, they sent me one back saying the info they reported is correct and they can't help me. I tried the online chat, the guy said sure, I can submit a dispute for you, then I get a letter saying that the info they report is correct. I then called the backdoor number and talked to a really nice lady who sounded like she was going to help me and delete, then I get a letter in the mail that says "The above referenced account is reporting correctly as open"... No changes to my credit file yet, and I'm assuming that last letter means no.

Help! Anyone else have advice/ideas/success with Capital One? I would love to get this removed... it is the ONLY bad thing on my credit right now! All cards and auto loans are paid off. No bad accounts, no charge offs, no collections!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
CreditHammer

Re: CapitalOne Goodwill- Won't budge!

was it 30 days late? Make sure all the information is 100% correct!!! if its was 29 then that does not count!

Message 2 of 17
lae_lae
Regular Contributor

maybe try CapOne EO?

Message 3 of 17
jmc912
Valued Member

I don't recall, I know it was a little late but I'm not sure if it was 30 days. Of course, I can't see it online, but I just requested the send me that statement. 

Message 4 of 17
jmc912
Valued Member

How would I go about contacting CapOne EO? Email? Mail?

Message 5 of 17
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

I'm in the same boat, ONE 30 day late since 2007. I tried to EO as well as no such luck there either.

Message 6 of 17
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

Although I DID get a CLI from the EO Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 17
jmc912
Valued Member

Great! A CLI is good, but I just want that bad mark gone! I feel like I've read on here that people have had success with sending a GW to CapOne.... There has to be some trick!

Message 8 of 17
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

I feel yaaaaaa. Seems like so many people get GW removals but not me!

Message 9 of 17
Mondavi
Regular Contributor

That 30 day late from Dec of 2008 should have little to zero effect on your credit score being that long ago. Personally I would not even worry about it. Unless you just want your credit report to look perfect. If so then keep trying.

If you were trying for a home loan I doubt an UW would even ask about 1 30 day late from that many years ago. Especially since that is your only negative thing.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.