Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapitalOne Secured -> Unsecured

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CapitalOne Secured -> Unsecured

Add me to the list of graduated CapitalOne cards.

This completely defies the notion that it had to be in the original terms. Mine only stated that with good use I could see a CLI at 6 months (I did, $300). My 11th statement just cut last week.

They applied my security deposit to my current balance. Smiley LOL

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CapitalOne Secured -> Unsecured

@Anonymous.

Congrats on the graduation.

Message 2 of 34
steelholder
Regular Contributor

Cool! Did they send an email notification?
Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

My 11th statement should be cut tomorrow, but the updated payment is already showing on my CapOne app on my phone. Statement will show balance of
-$11.54 with $501 available credit. Minimum payment of $0 due April 16.
Message 4 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice. Congrats Iowkeyorca that's a nice line to graduate with
Message 5 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@steelholder wrote:
Cool! Did they send an email notification?

They did!

Message 6 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice.  from what i read; you can go on their online live chat and ask for a prodict change and see if they can upgrade you to the Quick Silver card.

Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice.  from what i read; you can go on their online live chat and ask for a prodict change and see if they can upgrade you to the Quick Silver card.

Yes they will. It's quite easy. Did it last night. Granted, it was an unsecured Platinum, but the PC was very straight forward. Still waiting to get our secured card upgraded.

Message 8 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

can you have 2 QS cards?

Message 9 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! I've had a Cap One secured MC for just about 15 months now and my status on that card has been pretty much unchanged since I got my $300 CLI in June of last year, upping my line to $951 (I put in a $500 security deposit); I got an unsecured MC with a $3,000 line last month so I don't know how that would affect prospects of the secured card being graduated. I've actually started thinking about the possibility, after paying it down, of closing the secured card out and getting my deposit back if I get either the Visa or Amex I'm considering in the fall - of course, if Cap One does graduate me before then, that'd alter the case rather a bit!

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.