Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapitalOne SecuredCard

tag
enragedjerry
Contributor

CapitalOne SecuredCard

I had a recent charge off acc which I paid off 1 month ago, I called Cap to verify and they said it has posted so I tried and fill a application for a secured car which they pre-qualified me and after processing they said I wasn't eligible because a recent charge off.   What should I do?

5 REPLIES 5
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: CapitalOne SecuredCard

IMO I would apply for the secured card through some one else. Orchard comes to mind for being lenient. First Premier is usually another option but not something I would recommend because fee's are way to high IMO. CU are an option but best to go into a CU and speak to some one and see what they can offer you.

What else is reporting negative on your account? 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 6
enragedjerry
Contributor

Hey JM as far as CapitalOne goes there is nothing negative right now, im doing pretty good I have both a checking and a saving account. The only thing hurting my score is sprint, tmobile and a old chase card.  I dont have any BK's, loans.  Currently I only have a Macys card with a $75 limit, funny huh? I called them like 100 times asking for my limit to be raise. Any tips?

JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Cap One because of the charge off, good chances has you blacklisted. I believe that is what I interpreted out of your first post. If I am wrong please correct me.

Lets start with this;

You are saying that you still have Sprint, T-Mobile, and an old Chase Card. Are they reporting late payments, collections? If late payments, how long ago? If collections, how long ago? Need to know little more information about the account status of the negative information. Also how many INQ's do you have? By giving more detail with-out giving personal information you will get great advice from many on this forum.

Keep in mind that the more current your negative information is the harder and longer it takes to rebuild. But no matter how bad it is there is light at the other end of the tunnel. 

Good Luck
Message 4 of 6
enragedjerry
Contributor

Blacklist? Yeah that's probably the issue? Who can I contact at CapOne so they can take me out of that list? Any backdoor numbers?Smiley Tongue

JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Backdoor numbers you can see on the backdoor page for all the numbers listed. I do not know of a process to remove from list. 

Even still if was possible I believe with the negative information reporting it really isn't going to help any. If you don't want to give details about the negative information there really isn't much advice any one can give you. I can say that from the limited information you did give which is; Cap One discharge, Sprint either late payment or collection, T-Mobile either late payment or collection, and an OLD Chase Card that may be showing lates, a collections, and possibly a judgement. You have one trade line Macy's with a very low Cl and have been denied 100's of time for a CLI according to what you have said. 

Now thats 5 accounts you have had in total, and only one is still open and active. Doesn't really look very good from any creditor. If you give some details others may be able to help you fix some of the issues with those negative accounts.

I am a perfect example of reading these forums and learning, and applying what I have learned, and I am in a much better position today then I was 2 years ago. It isn't an easy road, and sometimes you want to just give up, but I assure you that when you accomplish what you set out to do, it is a great fulfillment that you can be proud of.

Good Luck 

Good Luck
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.