cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capitol One remove a negative?

tag
Cencal

Capitol One remove a negative?

I have.....scratch that...HAD great credit after many years of not. My score was 820ish the last time I check about 8 months ago. Fast forward to about 3 weeks ago. I am moving my banks and was entering all my information into the new bill pay system. While doing this I log into my CapOne card and notice that it's late!!

What happened is that when I was paying my bills , I accidentally entered the payment into the Citi box, right above the CapOne box.

Anyway, now I have a 30 day late on my report from CapOne.

Before I realized it was one my report, I called in and explained the situation. The lady was really nice, said there is no way they would report it because that "wouldn't be right and they don't treat their customers like that", and then she removed my late fee and I was relieved.

While opening my new account, they ran a check on my credit to authorize my overdraft account and I found out about it.

I called back and was very angry, but I never loose my col and scream and yell.....that got me nowhere.

I read here about using the chat box, ......... Got nowhere.

Said I could dispute it only.

Any chance a GW letter may help, or am I stuck with this since it's so new in the opinion of the board.

Oh and by the way...........my new score.....692

Was planning on a new RV but this score will affect my interest rate so much I think that I am now out of the market.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
KoolDev
Regular Contributor

Re: Capitol One remove a negative?

I would try calling a cap one rep, ask for an account manager.  I have had good luck with them over the phone and it oftens just depends on who you get on the phone.   Explain what happened and go from there.  My experience they are the easiest to deal with.

I feel ya on the RV loan.  I have been looking at a new travel trailer.  The credit unions around here pull EQ and numbers start at 670 before they will provide a loan but with a 670 the interest is 9-12%.  So I am waiting to i get to 700 where a 6.49 is offered, which is the lowest interest I can find.

I wished there was a RV/Travel trailer loan section HINT HINT mods n admins lol  Before I found this site, i was trying to get one in July and got sub prime lenders and a bunch of hard pulls.  That prompted me to do something about the score.

My Sock Drawer: Care Credit $4200-0, JCP 2100-0, Chase 3000-0, Chase Freedom $4500.00-0, WF $1000.00-0.00
In Use: NFCU Visa Sig $17.5k- 0.00k
I still have too MANY CARDS
Starting Score 538
Current Score Oct 30-14 701 fico Eq-- 745 Fico Tu-- 713 Fico Ex
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.