Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capone/[Brand] v. Capital One--GW letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capone/[Brand] v. Capital One--GW letter

Does anyone know if "Capone" branded cards are the same entity as Capital One named/issued cards? I assume that they are, but they have different addresses.  I have 3 Capital One cards, with a Salt Lake Cty address, and used to have a "Capone/Cabela's" branded card with a Lincoln, NE address.   

The reason I'm asking is that I had trouble with the branded card and negotiated a payoff using a third party negotiator, that resulted in a CO.  Meanwhile, my three Capital One cards have never had a single blip, and I've had them since 2004/2005.  I'd like to write a GW letter to see if I can make any progress on the nasty dings from the CO, and would add that I have 14 years of a good relationship with the company otherwise as a mitigating factor. But not sure if I'm mixing apples and grapes.  

And does anyoone have any experience, good, bad or otherwise, with GW letters to Capone? It was a stupid issue, and I wound up paying half of an $1100 balance.  They ignored the credit negotiator for almost 2 years and kept reporting the delinquency, even after they CO'd it in July, 2015. By the time they finally responded, I was back on my feet and could (and would) have paid the total if the negotiator had asked.  

Thanks to all by the way. I'm learning a lot here.  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Capone/[Brand] v. Capital One--GW letter

The Cabela's card is issued by Capital One

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.