cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car stolen and abandoned parking tickets

KittenAttack
Established Contributor

Car stolen and abandoned parking tickets

My brother was talking about some baddies on his record. His car got stolen a few years ago, maybe 7 or 8 years ago I thought. It was abandoned and received parking tickets he didn't know about it's affecting his credit score. Will these baddies fall off soon? Should he try to pay for delete or is it worth the time pursuing this in court. 

EQ 777 | TU 777 | EX 780

AMEX EDP 32k | AMEX BCP 8.5k | CSP 13.5k | FRDM 14k | DIT 21k | Citi DC 14k | Penfed Promise 5k | Penfed PLOC 5k | BoA 2.5k | Alliant 5yr Secured Loan $500 | 100k in available credit
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ASBinJax
Valued Contributor

Re: Car stolen and abandoned parking tickets

I havent heard of a situation like this one before.

My first thought is to find the Police report number and use that to show he had lost control and use of the vehicle, therefor, wasnt aware of the parking tickets.

If no Police report was made, I am out of suggestions, except maybe PFD.

hth

Accept the Challenges so you can feel the Exhilaration of Victory.
George S. Patton
Message 2 of 3
chris6291
Established Member

Re: Car stolen and abandoned parking tickets

If he can prove that the car was stolen (proof such as a police report or insurance claim report as these would normally have license plate info) then a judge in a municipal court (which is where most parking tickets originate) should be able to dismiss those and they should be taken off the report.

Starting Score: EX 568 | TU 569 | EQ 568
Current Score: EX 579 | TU 582 | EQ 570
Goal Score: EX 700 | TU 690 | EQ 680

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.